South Miami Beat Notebook

Christmas decarations going up on Sunset Drive

The much anticipated holiday lights are now up on the trees along Sunset Drive between US-1 and 57th Avenue as the holiday season rapidly approaches.

View Larger Map

Local middle school teacher honored

South Miami Middle School teacher Richard “Dick” Ward was recently honored with the naming of part of SW 67th Avenue between 56th Street and 64th Street, in front of the school where he works. The civics teacher has been active in a number of city commission meetings and has volunteered in several projects for the city. Ward also co-founded the Alliance for Youth organization and has been a chairman of the Parks and Recreation Committee.

View Larger Map

Alexandra Leon

Senior News Writer

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Anna Runia won the women's 400m hurdles at the Netherlands track and field championships, while ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...