US and World News

China is attempting to boost its economy by inserting $586 billion into its economy by 2010. This money will be spent on infrastructure projects such as subways, railroads and rebuilding the villages damaged by the hurricane.

A Russian nuclear submarine fire extinguishing system malfunctioned, causing 20 deaths and injuring 21. Igor Dygalo, a navy spokesman, said the reactors were not damaged and the radiation level was normal.

One of Osama bin Laden’s sons, Omar Osama bin Laden, 27, was denied asylum in Spain after a failed appeal. He argued that his life was in danger from death threats he received because of his father. He was deported to Qatar from Cairo.

At Kajaki Dam, Afghanistan’s biggest hydroelectric project, a 200-ton hydroelectric turbine has been delivered as part of a $180 million project that will deliver electricity to 1.8 million people. This turbine is the biggest single gift to Afghanistan in the past seven years.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The Miami women's basketball team plays its last game of the 2017-18 regular season Sunday at 4 ...

Canes and Eagles play at 2 p.m. Saturday in key ACC matchup. ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

The Miami women's tennis team resumes play Saturday with its second match of the season at a ne ...

Check out the best images from Day 1 at the 2018 ACC Indoor Championships. ...