US and World News

China is attempting to boost its economy by inserting $586 billion into its economy by 2010. This money will be spent on infrastructure projects such as subways, railroads and rebuilding the villages damaged by the hurricane.

A Russian nuclear submarine fire extinguishing system malfunctioned, causing 20 deaths and injuring 21. Igor Dygalo, a navy spokesman, said the reactors were not damaged and the radiation level was normal.

One of Osama bin Laden’s sons, Omar Osama bin Laden, 27, was denied asylum in Spain after a failed appeal. He argued that his life was in danger from death threats he received because of his father. He was deported to Qatar from Cairo.

At Kajaki Dam, Afghanistan’s biggest hydroelectric project, a 200-ton hydroelectric turbine has been delivered as part of a $180 million project that will deliver electricity to 1.8 million people. This turbine is the biggest single gift to Afghanistan in the past seven years.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...