US and World News

China is attempting to boost its economy by inserting $586 billion into its economy by 2010. This money will be spent on infrastructure projects such as subways, railroads and rebuilding the villages damaged by the hurricane.

A Russian nuclear submarine fire extinguishing system malfunctioned, causing 20 deaths and injuring 21. Igor Dygalo, a navy spokesman, said the reactors were not damaged and the radiation level was normal.

One of Osama bin Laden’s sons, Omar Osama bin Laden, 27, was denied asylum in Spain after a failed appeal. He argued that his life was in danger from death threats he received because of his father. He was deported to Qatar from Cairo.

At Kajaki Dam, Afghanistan’s biggest hydroelectric project, a 200-ton hydroelectric turbine has been delivered as part of a $180 million project that will deliver electricity to 1.8 million people. This turbine is the biggest single gift to Afghanistan in the past seven years.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...