Spotted on Site: Joe Sanchez

Joe Sanchez, a freshman majoring in film, is a Miami native.

THE MIAMI HURRICANE: I noticed the cowboy hat, what’s the significance?

Joe Sanchez: I got it in Georgia. I like it, it keeps the sun out of my eyes and it looks cool.

TMH: What inspires your style?

JS: Conventionality. It is comfortable, and something I will use sometime throughout the day.

TMH: Why do you have long hair?

JS: There are two reasons why. One, I don’t like paying for haircuts, and two, my dad used to always make me cut my hair so now against my dads wishes I grow it out.

TMH: I see you all the time on your bike, is that just for school or do you ride professionally?

JS: I don’t do it professionally, but I do go cycling with friends. We sometimes go to Jonathan Dickinson Park and go trail riding.

TMH: So do you own a car or do you ride your bike everywhere?

JS: No, I don’t own a car. I typically ride my bike everywhere. I live on campus so I don’t ride my bike to school, but I probably could have if I did live at home.

TMH: Why did you decide to choose film as your major?

JS: Well, two years ago, I did the theater summer program here at UM, and my high school background is in theater, but film is more technical and has more mass media options. Plus, film is something I wanted to do with my life.

Tanya Thompson

Contributing Writer

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The Canes won four events against FGCU on Saturday while also recording a total of 11 top-three fini ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...

The University of Miami track and field team starred in the Lone Star State, as the Hurricanes shone ...

The Miami women's tennis team dominated play on its home court Friday to open the 2018 spring s ...