Sports Briefs

FOOTBALL

Harris earns weekly honor

Freshman quarterback Jacory Harris earned the honor of Atlantic Coast Conference Rookie of the Week for the third time this season.

The 6’4″ Miami, Fla., native threw the game-tying and game-winning touchdowns in Miami’s 24-17 overtime victory against Virginia Saturday afternoon.

MEN’S TENNIS

Canes exit prematurely at Seminole Invitational

The University of Miami men’s tennis team fell in the semifinals of the Seminole Invitational Sunday at Florida State.

Sophomore Carl Sundberg’s three-match win streak was snapped against Florida freshman Carlos Cueto in a 6-0, 6-2 loss.

Sundberg and sophomore Hector Nieto dropped their doubles match 8-4 to Auburn senior Lukas Marsoun and freshman Alexander Stamchev, while sophomore Keith Crowley and freshman Ignacio Taboada lost to Louisville’s 26th-ranked duo of sophomores Simon Childs and Austen Childs, 8-2.

WOMEN’S TENNIS

Kissell places in three-day California tournament

Sophomore Michaela Kissell finished fifth in singles play Sunday at the Duals in the Desert Classic in Palm Desert, Calif.

Ranked 49th in ITA’s preseason poll, Kissell defeated No. 23 junior Katrina Tsang of North Carolina, 6-1, 6-2.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...