Sports Briefs

CROSS COUNTRY

Both teams compete in ACC championships

The University of Miami men’s and women’s cross country teams finished 12th at the ACC championships Saturday morning at the University of North Carolina, in the season’s final meet.

Freshman Anna Bona’s time of 23:38.7 in the 5K race was best for the women, while senior Andrew Chuplis ran a season-best 26:58.0 to lead the men.

ROWING

Hurricanes sweep all events

The rowing squad collected four top times on Saturday morning at the Shane Watersports Center in Miami Beach, Fla., in a competition against Barry and Nova Southeastern.

Miami’s Varsity Eight, Varsity Four and 2X teams won their races.

Redshirt junior Tara Eddings finished first in singles action with a time of 18:16.2.

MEN’S BASKETBALL

Canes win first of two exhibition games

Four players scored in double digits as the 16th-ranked Hurricanes beat Florida Memorial 71-43 Saturday night at the BankUnited Center.

Junior transfer Cyrus McGowan scored a team-high 12 points.

WOMEN’S BASKETBALL

Freshman leads team to victory

The University of Miami women’s basketball team won its first of two exhibition games 62-52 over the Mike White All-Stars Premier Players Friday night at the BankUnited Center.

Freshman Shenise Johnson finished with a double-double as she collected 10 points and 14 rebounds.

FOOTBALL

Bosher named semifinalist for national award

Sophomore kicker/punter Matt Bosher has been named one of the 20 semifinalists for the Lou Groza Collegiate Place-kicker Award, which is given to the nation’s top kicker.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Mike Brey doesn't pay much attention to the NBA draft stock of opposing players, but the Notre ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team finished ninth at the 2018 Allstate Sug ...

Three Miami women's tennis players are featured in this week's Oracle/ITA rankings, along ...

Riding a five-game road winning streak, the Miami women's basketball team will look to make it ...

After capturing its opening series with Rutgers, No. 24 Miami continues a season-opening, seven-game ...

Walker IV scored 19, Izundu scored 14 and the Canes picked up a crucial win in South Bend. ...