Sports Briefs

CROSS COUNTRY

Both teams compete in ACC championships

The University of Miami men’s and women’s cross country teams finished 12th at the ACC championships Saturday morning at the University of North Carolina, in the season’s final meet.

Freshman Anna Bona’s time of 23:38.7 in the 5K race was best for the women, while senior Andrew Chuplis ran a season-best 26:58.0 to lead the men.

ROWING

Hurricanes sweep all events

The rowing squad collected four top times on Saturday morning at the Shane Watersports Center in Miami Beach, Fla., in a competition against Barry and Nova Southeastern.

Miami’s Varsity Eight, Varsity Four and 2X teams won their races.

Redshirt junior Tara Eddings finished first in singles action with a time of 18:16.2.

MEN’S BASKETBALL

Canes win first of two exhibition games

Four players scored in double digits as the 16th-ranked Hurricanes beat Florida Memorial 71-43 Saturday night at the BankUnited Center.

Junior transfer Cyrus McGowan scored a team-high 12 points.

WOMEN’S BASKETBALL

Freshman leads team to victory

The University of Miami women’s basketball team won its first of two exhibition games 62-52 over the Mike White All-Stars Premier Players Friday night at the BankUnited Center.

Freshman Shenise Johnson finished with a double-double as she collected 10 points and 14 rebounds.

FOOTBALL

Bosher named semifinalist for national award

Sophomore kicker/punter Matt Bosher has been named one of the 20 semifinalists for the Lou Groza Collegiate Place-kicker Award, which is given to the nation’s top kicker.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

The Miami Hurricanes, still waiting for a starting quarterback to be named, are in the top 25 again. ...

Happy first day of school for everyone out there, including the University of Miami students. We jus ...