McCain to visit campus Sunday night; advanced ticketing available

[kml_flashembed movie=”http://ssp.themiamihurricane.com/swf/slideshow.swf” height=”437″ width=”602″ fvars=”xmlfile=http://ssp.themiamihurricane.com/images.php?album=13″ base=”.” allowfullscreen=”true” /]

UPDATED 2:16 P.M. 11/1/08

Republican Presidential nominee John McCain will be visiting the BankUnited Center Sunday night less than 36 hours before polls open in the state of Florida.

According to UM media relations doors will open at 7:30 p.m.  Musical acts Albita, Continental Brass, Carlos Oliva y Los Sobrinos del Juez and Javier Romero will play before the candidate is expected to arrive at 11:30 p.m.

Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin is unexpected to attend this event.

Students and faculty may attend by bringing their Cane Cards. Community members may visit this web site for advanced ticketing. The McCain campaign encourages those who wish to attend to come early. Bags and signs are prohibited inside the BankUnited Center.

Stay with The Miami Hurricane as this story continues to develop.

McCain ticketing website: http://www.johnmccain.com/ste/eventrsvp.aspx?guid=480db497-3bb1-4386-bac7-256e4f1cce28

Matthew Bunch

3 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “McCain to visit campus Sunday night; advanced ticketing available”

1. Miami says:

I think I’m gonna vomit.

2. R,

Thanks for the comment. We received the notice and just updated the story.

3. R says:

Here are the musical acts:

“Several top musical talents in the Miami Area will perform at the event, including: Albita, Continental Brass, Carlos Oliva y los Sobrinos del Juez, and Javier Romero.”

The Hurricanes and Colonials square off at noon Saturday in Washington, D.C. ...

University of Miami men's basketball player Chris Stowell is an active member in the Hurricanes ...

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...