McCain to visit campus Sunday night; advanced ticketing available

[kml_flashembed movie=”http://ssp.themiamihurricane.com/swf/slideshow.swf” height=”437″ width=”602″ fvars=”xmlfile=http://ssp.themiamihurricane.com/images.php?album=13″ base=”.” allowfullscreen=”true” /]

UPDATED 2:16 P.M. 11/1/08

Republican Presidential nominee John McCain will be visiting the BankUnited Center Sunday night less than 36 hours before polls open in the state of Florida.

According to UM media relations doors will open at 7:30 p.m.  Musical acts Albita, Continental Brass, Carlos Oliva y Los Sobrinos del Juez and Javier Romero will play before the candidate is expected to arrive at 11:30 p.m.

Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin is unexpected to attend this event.

Students and faculty may attend by bringing their Cane Cards. Community members may visit this web site for advanced ticketing. The McCain campaign encourages those who wish to attend to come early. Bags and signs are prohibited inside the BankUnited Center.

Stay with The Miami Hurricane as this story continues to develop.

McCain ticketing website: http://www.johnmccain.com/ste/eventrsvp.aspx?guid=480db497-3bb1-4386-bac7-256e4f1cce28

Matthew Bunch

3 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “McCain to visit campus Sunday night; advanced ticketing available”

1. Miami says:

I think I’m gonna vomit.

2. R,

Thanks for the comment. We received the notice and just updated the story.

3. R says:

Here are the musical acts:

“Several top musical talents in the Miami Area will perform at the event, including: Albita, Continental Brass, Carlos Oliva y los Sobrinos del Juez, and Javier Romero.”

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...