Suspect arrested in crocodile killing, conference at 3:30

A suspect has been arrested in the killing and mutilation of an American Crocodile found in the university’s canal system, according to University of Miami media relations.

The crime, which occurred in early October shocked the university community and led to thousands of dollars in reward money being offered.  There is no word at this time whether anyone will collect the money.

The UM police department will the holding a press conference at 3:30 p.m. inside the BankUnited Center to give more details about the arrest.

Stay with TheMiamiHurricane.com as this story continues to develop.

Matthew Bunch

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G6: Time again for the latest installment of the Canesfan Satisfaction ...

Syracuse student writer Matthew Gutierrez of The Daily Orange asked me to answer some of his questio ...

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...