South Miami Beat Notebook

Deli Lane and Sunset Tavern are hosting their 7th annual Halloween Bash Friday night, with the theme this year being United States presidents and first ladies. There will be games and contests, including a prize for the best costume. Miami’s own DJ Proof will be there starting at 11 p.m.

There was a ribbon-cutting ceremony at City Hall on Wednesday, officially opening up Sunset Drive from US 1 to S.W. 62nd Avenue. The construction, which has been the first phase of a project called Sunset Drive Improvements, included wider sidewalks, added landscaping, a bus shelter, a new clock tower and a fountain and fish pond in front of City Hall.

Nike Town in South Miami’s Sunset Place is offering a club for runners called the Nike Run Club. Runners can meet up at Nike Town and try out the newest Nike shoes while running between three and seven miles. This gives people the opportunity to learn new routes while getting a good workout. Meetings are available for runners of all levels and are held Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m.

The 37th Annual South Miami Art Festival will take place Nov. 1-2 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and will be located on Sunset Drive between US 1 and Red Road. The free festival will include a variety of media as well as international food, live music and activities for children.

Alexandra Leon

Senior News Writer

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The Canes won four events against FGCU on Saturday while also recording a total of 11 top-three fini ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...

The University of Miami track and field team starred in the Lone Star State, as the Hurricanes shone ...

The Miami women's tennis team dominated play on its home court Friday to open the 2018 spring s ...