SG Senate Notes: Oct. 29, 2008

The Academic Affairs Committee is working on expanding the course reserve system. Currently, the reserve system lets teachers submit the books they will use in class to the library and the library will order the supplies. Students can then check out these books from the library for up to three hours. However, many teachers do not take advantage of this program. Academic Affairs is working to overcome this obstacle by getting the course material information from the bookstore and then giving it to the library to order for students. The committee is also working to expand the return date for books to the bookstore to coincide with the last day to drop a course without a W.

The University Affairs Committee is working to get cameras in the parking lots as many students are reporting that their cars are being hit and the perpetrator is driving away.

The Executive Report stated that two new Zipcars are being ordered and should be here in the next few weeks. The totaled Honda CR-V will be replaced as well.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

The unopened Christmas gift that University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz recently spoke ...

The University of Miami is in conversations about playing the University of Alabama to kick off the ...

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...