SG Senate Notes: Oct. 29, 2008

The Academic Affairs Committee is working on expanding the course reserve system. Currently, the reserve system lets teachers submit the books they will use in class to the library and the library will order the supplies. Students can then check out these books from the library for up to three hours. However, many teachers do not take advantage of this program. Academic Affairs is working to overcome this obstacle by getting the course material information from the bookstore and then giving it to the library to order for students. The committee is also working to expand the return date for books to the bookstore to coincide with the last day to drop a course without a W.

The University Affairs Committee is working to get cameras in the parking lots as many students are reporting that their cars are being hit and the perpetrator is driving away.

The Executive Report stated that two new Zipcars are being ordered and should be here in the next few weeks. The totaled Honda CR-V will be replaced as well.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

Remember that “hit list’’ the University of Miami football team had last year? Florida State, North ...

One is a former NBA first-rounder who played 13 seasons after starring for the Miami Hurricanes in t ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

Participants of the ninth annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event on campus pledge to help end sexual ...

A Faculty Staff Assistance Program dance therapy class gets employees on their feet and focused on w ...

A University of Miami political scientist explores what a transition of power in Cuba means for its ...

Kevin Arreaga smashed a school record in the men's hammer throw to lead the University of Miami ...

A ninth-inning solo home from Pittsburgh proved the difference Friday night, as Miami dropped the se ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team notched its 10th ACC win of the season with a 5-2 road tri ...

Straight-set victories at the top four singles positions brought the University of Miami men's ...

Due to inclement weather expected in the region Sunday, the University of Miami baseball program ann ...