SG Senate Notes: Oct. 29, 2008

The Academic Affairs Committee is working on expanding the course reserve system. Currently, the reserve system lets teachers submit the books they will use in class to the library and the library will order the supplies. Students can then check out these books from the library for up to three hours. However, many teachers do not take advantage of this program. Academic Affairs is working to overcome this obstacle by getting the course material information from the bookstore and then giving it to the library to order for students. The committee is also working to expand the return date for books to the bookstore to coincide with the last day to drop a course without a W.

The University Affairs Committee is working to get cameras in the parking lots as many students are reporting that their cars are being hit and the perpetrator is driving away.

The Executive Report stated that two new Zipcars are being ordered and should be here in the next few weeks. The totaled Honda CR-V will be replaced as well.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

Miami coach Jim Larranaga and his staff spent recent practices pushing his players to whip the ball ...

The University of Miami confirmed in a written release Sunday that starting cornerback Malek Young s ...

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

Bruce Brown Jr. scored 19 points leading Miami to victory over NC State in Raleigh. ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team picked up its third straight win in eight days ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-2) closed out its opening weekend with a 5-2 loss ...

With the help of dominating victories and dramatic comebacks, No. 19 Miami finished the day with an ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...