SG Senate Notes: Oct. 29, 2008

The Academic Affairs Committee is working on expanding the course reserve system. Currently, the reserve system lets teachers submit the books they will use in class to the library and the library will order the supplies. Students can then check out these books from the library for up to three hours. However, many teachers do not take advantage of this program. Academic Affairs is working to overcome this obstacle by getting the course material information from the bookstore and then giving it to the library to order for students. The committee is also working to expand the return date for books to the bookstore to coincide with the last day to drop a course without a W.

The University Affairs Committee is working to get cameras in the parking lots as many students are reporting that their cars are being hit and the perpetrator is driving away.

The Executive Report stated that two new Zipcars are being ordered and should be here in the next few weeks. The totaled Honda CR-V will be replaced as well.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga, his face showing the strain of an ongoing ...

The No. 8 Hurricanes,  20 1/2-point favorites over next opponent North Carolina, are still one of on ...

Kudos to the two newest Atlantic Coast Conference Players of the Week: tight end Christopher Herndon ...

A University of Miami Ph.D. student in the Department of History sheds light on the dark history of ...

The Hurricanes may be young, but they have the talent and poise to make a deep run in March. ...

Miami tight end Christopher Herndon and linebacker Michael Pinckney were among those recognized with ...