Politics: On the trail

Gov. Charlie Crist declared a “state of emergency” Tuesday to extend voting hours statewide from eight to 12 hours for today and tomorrow. On these days, polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

The polls will be open a total of 12 hours on the weekend. Saturday polls will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and the polls on Sunday will be open from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.

Coral Gables Public Library is the closest polling station to the University of Miami, and is located at 3443 Segovia St. in downtown Coral Gables.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...

The University of Miami track and field team starred in the Lone Star State, as the Hurricanes shone ...

The Miami women's tennis team dominated play on its home court Friday to open the 2018 spring s ...

Hurricanes and Wolfpack face off at noon Sunday in Raleigh, N.C. ...