Campus Beat Notebook

“Lifeguards,” UM’s  suicide prevention committee, will participate in this year’s American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) Out of the Darkness Community Walk. The walk will raise money for AFSP educational programs and research, helping to prevent suicide, increase awareness about suicide and depression and support those who have lost a loved one to suicide. The 5K walk will take place at Tropical Park in Miami on Saturday at 9 a.m. Transportation will be provided. To sign up, visit www.outofthedarkness.org

The construction of the Robert & Judi Prokop Newman Alumni Center began Monday. This will cause the parking on the north side of the Max Orovitz building to be unavailable until Oct. 31. Access to the parking lot behind Founder’s Hall will only be available from Brescia Avenue. In order to reach the Max Orovitz building, the entrance off of Levante Avenue across from the rainbow building must be used until Saturday.

The Honors Students Association hosted a Halloween Party Tuesday night at the Rat. Prizes were given out for the best costumes. Pool tables and food from the Rat were provided.

Nina Ruggiero

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...