Politics: On the trail

According to a CNN/Opinion Research Corp. survey released Friday, seven out of 10 Americans say race will not be a factor when they cast their vote for president. When this question was asked in July, 61 percent of the people questioned said race would not be a factor.

Half of the people polled said age would affect their vote. If Republican presidential nominee Sen. John McCain wins the election, he will be the oldest inaugurated president at 72.

The poll’s sampling error was plus or minus 3 percent.

Presidential and congressional campaign costs will total $5.3 billion, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. This election is the most expensive in history, doubling the amount of money spent in 2000. The presidential race has cost $2.4 billion.

– Information from CNN and The New York Times

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

The unopened Christmas gift that University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz recently spoke ...

The University of Miami is in conversations about playing the University of Alabama to kick off the ...

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...