Politics: On the trail

According to a CNN/Opinion Research Corp. survey released Friday, seven out of 10 Americans say race will not be a factor when they cast their vote for president. When this question was asked in July, 61 percent of the people questioned said race would not be a factor.

Half of the people polled said age would affect their vote. If Republican presidential nominee Sen. John McCain wins the election, he will be the oldest inaugurated president at 72.

The poll’s sampling error was plus or minus 3 percent.

Presidential and congressional campaign costs will total $5.3 billion, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. This election is the most expensive in history, doubling the amount of money spent in 2000. The presidential race has cost $2.4 billion.

– Information from CNN and The New York Times

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he didn’t hesitat ...

1. DOLPHINS: Miami seeks revenge vs. hated, Stinkin' Jets: Dolphins host Jets Sunday with Miami ...

Notes and observations on UM’s 27-19 win against Syracuse: • A UM source said Mark Richt seemed more ...

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...