Politics: On the trail

According to a CNN/Opinion Research Corp. survey released Friday, seven out of 10 Americans say race will not be a factor when they cast their vote for president. When this question was asked in July, 61 percent of the people questioned said race would not be a factor.

Half of the people polled said age would affect their vote. If Republican presidential nominee Sen. John McCain wins the election, he will be the oldest inaugurated president at 72.

The poll’s sampling error was plus or minus 3 percent.

Presidential and congressional campaign costs will total $5.3 billion, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. This election is the most expensive in history, doubling the amount of money spent in 2000. The presidential race has cost $2.4 billion.

– Information from CNN and The New York Times

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...