Hurricane Howl concert brings in 4,500 attendees, tops last year

Approximately 4,500 attendees came to the University of Miami’s Homecoming Howl concert, featuring Kidz in the Hall and N*E*R*D, which took place at the University Green on Friday from 9:30 p.m. to midnight.

The event boasted roughly 500 more attendees than last year’s Hurricane Howl, which had approximately 4000 concertgoers.

Some students bounced to popular party songs such as N*E*R*D’s “Lapdance” and “Rock Star,” and became familiar with the lesser-known Kidz in the Hall’s “Drivin’ Down The Block.”

Break dancing, moshing and crowd-surfing added to the loud excitement of the show.

The aftereffects of the event could be seen the next day as the normally freshly mowed University Green had turned hazel and disheveled by thousands of dancing feet the evening before.

Chelsea Kate Isaacs

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...