Hurricane Howl concert brings in 4,500 attendees, tops last year

Approximately 4,500 attendees came to the University of Miami’s Homecoming Howl concert, featuring Kidz in the Hall and N*E*R*D, which took place at the University Green on Friday from 9:30 p.m. to midnight.

The event boasted roughly 500 more attendees than last year’s Hurricane Howl, which had approximately 4000 concertgoers.

Some students bounced to popular party songs such as N*E*R*D’s “Lapdance” and “Rock Star,” and became familiar with the lesser-known Kidz in the Hall’s “Drivin’ Down The Block.”

Break dancing, moshing and crowd-surfing added to the loud excitement of the show.

The aftereffects of the event could be seen the next day as the normally freshly mowed University Green had turned hazel and disheveled by thousands of dancing feet the evening before.

Chelsea Kate Isaacs

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Canes Basketball player development assistant will graduate with MSED in Sport Administation. ...

UOnline graduate will earn his M.S. in Health Informatics ...

Seeking a college experience within a diverse community, this graduate found her home away from home ...