Zogby speaks on young voters at Cosford

John Zogby, one of the nation’s top pollsters, spoke at the Cosford Cinema on Thursday about the upcoming presidential election and his new book, The Way We’ll Be.

“I’m not sure how many young people read position papers or newspapers day in and day out,” Zogby said. He believes young voters are especially influenced by image, issues of trust and character. “There is much more involvement [from young voters]this year. The Internet and social networking have made a substantial difference.”

Zogby thinks that voters aged 18 to 29 will have a high voter turn-out this year. If young voters can reach 19 percent of the vote, which Zogby believes they have a good chance of doing, they will equal the number of votes cast by the senior citizens, the group perceived to have the highest turnout.

Zogby’s appearance was the latest part of the “A Dialogue for Democracy” series. The next event in the series is a concert by Bruce Hornsby, followed by a presentation by well-known political analysts James Carville and Mary Matalin on Oct. 28.

Mark Daniels

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

The start to former Miami Hurricanes defensive end Chad Thomas' NFL career is going through a m ...

At one section of Miami's Richmond Park, Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels taught a ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

UM News interviewed a Miami Business School professor to learn more about claims that the changes co ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...

During the 2017-18 school year, Miami had student-athletes from 17 of the 32 countries in the FIFA W ...

The University of Miami track and field program got off to a strong start at the 2018 USATF Junior O ...