South Miami Beat Notebook

The city of South Miami will have a ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate the completion of the Sunset Drive Improvements Project and to officially open up Sunset Drive from US 1 to SW 62nd Ave. The project includes improvements to landscaped mediums, a new bus shelter and wider sidewalk and street pavers. The event is next Wednesday at 3:45 p.m. at 6130 Sunset Dr.

The South Miami Art Festival is coming to Sunset Drive Nov. 1 and 2. Visitors can browse or buy works from the many stalls at this lively arts and crafts fair. Visitors will have the opportunity to meet and talk with the different artists. More than 170 exhibits will be held outdoors at this juried fine arts show.

Alexandra Leon

Senior News Writer

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he didn’t hesitat ...

1. DOLPHINS: Miami seeks revenge vs. hated, Stinkin' Jets: Dolphins host Jets Sunday with Miami ...

Notes and observations on UM’s 27-19 win against Syracuse: • A UM source said Mark Richt seemed more ...

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

The Miami women's tennis team split its eight matches on its second day of competition at the I ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...