Football

Matchup: Miami vs. Wake Forest

Quarterback: Wake Forest’s Riley Skinner is coming off a rough week which saw him complete only 14 of his 30 passes in a 26-0 loss to Maryland. On the other hand, Robert Marve and Jacory Harris both played well, especially Harris; he won ACC Offensive Rookie of the Week for his effort in a 49-31 win. Skinner has been consistently good for years now, while Harris and Marve have switched between great and mediocre this season. EDGE: Wake Forest

Running Back: Wake’s leading rusher is Josh Adams; he comes in averaging 3.1 yards per carry. Wake’s running game, in total, is averaging a mere 2.5 yards per carry. Miami’s running backs are all at or near 4 yards per carry, and Javarris James will be worked in more this week as a complement to Graig Cooper, who is averaging 5.3 yards per carry. EDGE: Miami

Wide Receiver: D.J. Boldin, Anquan’s little brother, is Wake’s go-to guy with 38 catches. He is averaging 10.1 yards per catch. Last week, Miami’s receivers went nuts and managed to make the big plays AND the routine ones. However, it was against Duke. This comes down to, once again, a go-to guy against strength in numbers. Miami’s receivers are hitting their stride while Wake’s offense is struggling to do anything. EDGE: Miami

Offensive Line: Wake is averaging only 2.5 yards per carry and they have struggled to score points. Miami’s line has been solid and has the run game averaging 4.1 yards per carry. The quarterbacks have felt pressure when they hold the ball for too long but not much aside from that. EDGE: Miami

Defensive Line: Miami’s defensive line has been solid against the run but has struggled to generate pressure. The same holds true for Wake. Neither team can claim an advantage. EDGE: Even

Linebackers: Wake’s Aaron Curry has been a stud. He leads Wake in tackles and tackles for a loss while also picking up an interception. Miami’s trio of Sean Spence, Daryl Sharpton and Glenn Cook has been great. Sharpton is coming off two big games in a row, and Spence and Cook are usually around the ball. EDGE: Miami

Secondary: Miami’s secondary should have been exposed again last week, but Duke’s players could not hold onto the ball. That will not be true this week. Wake’s best player is cornerback Alphonso Smith. Smith is from Pahokee and will have a chip on his shoulder against one of the in-state programs that spurned him. EDGE: Wake Forest

Special Teams: Matt Bosher and Travis Benjamin have been great for Miami. Wake has the best kicker in the nation is Sam Swank, but he missed the past two weeks and the difference has been palpable. If he plays, Wake gets the edge. Smith makes Wake’s return game dangerous, but without their kicker they are not as formidable. EDGE: Miami

Dan Stein

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

It was obvious before tipoff that the University of Miami game against No. 5 Duke was no ordinary Hu ...

Miami Hurricanes backup quarterback Evan Shirreffs announced Monday on Twitter that he will transfer ...

Here’s one of the many neat things about the UM football program, a tradition that has carried on fo ...

Clemson coach Brad Brownell had a simple plan at the only practice before facing No. 18 Miami — don ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The second annual Big Data Conference and Workshop hosted by UM Center for Computational Science enc ...

Now in its 67th year, the Beaux Arts Festival will move to the Foote University Green. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...

Lonnie Walker IV scored 19 points, but it wasn't enough as the Canes fell to the Blue Devils at ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Clemson behind a career-high 19 point ...