Coconut Grove Beat Notebook

Oct. 31 is more than just a holiday in Coconut Grove, it’s a cultural occasion. Grove-going regulars are sure to find their favorite hotspots packed with Miamians of all shapes and sizes in costume. From Grand Avenue to Peacock Park and up and down Main Highway, clusters of costumed companions will stretch as far as the eye can see. UM students are bound to bump into an ex-roommate or a classmate or two at the biggest impromptu Halloween party in South Florida.

Scarefest, the spectacularly spooky house of horror in the Grove, is open now until Nov. 2. Known as Miami’s ultimate haunted house, it features a cast of live characters, over 20,000 square feet of space, 15 rooms, two stories and a different theme for every room. Scarefest is located on the third and fourth floors of Cocowalk, located at 3015 Grand Ave. More information can be found at scaremiami.com.

Looking to make a difference this fall? Miami’s Salvation Army is asking for Halloween themed donations to help with the construction of their fun house. Officials are asking for various items including decorations, costumes for adult men, party food, packaged candy and prizes. Volunteers to help with the event are also welcome. To make a donation or for more information on volunteering call 305-573-4200 ext. 205.

Laura Edwins

Managing Editor

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...