Weekend Playlist 5.0

“Talk That Shit” – Timbaland feat. T-Pain & Missy Elliot: Three of pop music’s biggest hit-makers get together to make this cocky and catchy single that’s going to be taking over radio waves quicker you can say Tallahassee Pain.

“Love and Appreciate II” – Murs feat. Tyler Woods: “You used to try to play hard/Now you buying chocolate and Valentine’s cards/And man, that’s a good thing/Showing these kids what the word love should mean.” Ladies, enjoy a nice serenade from rapper Murs, and men, take a much needed lesson in love and appreciation from the L.A. native.

“Boyz (Remix feat. Wale)” – M.I.A.: The only thing better than “Paper Planes” by M.I.A.? Another up-tempo and incomprehensible single by the Sri Lankan pop singer. This time around, D.C.-based rapper Wale hops on the remix and reminds us he’s the quickest and wittiest rapper to hop on an M.I.A. remix thus far.

“Get Up” – 50 Cent: The incomparable Fiddy releases what’s expected to be his first single from upcoming album Before I Self-Destruct. Love him or hate him, the “King of New York” has a knack for getting you up to dance your buns off.

“Anti Matter” – N*E*R*D: If this heavy guitar-laced party track doesn’t get you excited for next week’s homecoming show, nothing will. The boys tore down South Beach last weekend with Common – look for them to do the same for this year’s Howl.

Dan Buyanovsky

Senior Writer

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

NBA Draft will be held Thursday evening in Brooklyn. ...

First-year Miami head soccer coach Sarah Barnes released Wednesday the team's schedule for the ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...