Basketball

“Hurricanes Hoopfest” an open practice for fans on Oct. 18

The Miami Hurricanes men’s and women’s basketball teams will welcome fans to the BankUnited Center on Oct. 18 for “Hurricanes Hoopfest ’08,” an event for fans, and especially those interested in purchasing season tickets for either team.

The day will feature an open practice, autograph session with both teams and an appearance by Sebastian the Ibis.

The men’s team is coming off a remarkable turnaround season in which they were projected to finish last in the Atlantic Coast Conference and wound up making the second round of the NCAA tournament. The team returns most of that nucleus, including senior guard Jack McClinton. The women’s team is rebounding after a 9-20 season, but is bringing in a McDonald’s All-American in Shenise Johnson, rated No. 11 in the country by Slam Magazine.

Matthew Bunch

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...