Basketball

“Hurricanes Hoopfest” an open practice for fans on Oct. 18

The Miami Hurricanes men’s and women’s basketball teams will welcome fans to the BankUnited Center on Oct. 18 for “Hurricanes Hoopfest ’08,” an event for fans, and especially those interested in purchasing season tickets for either team.

The day will feature an open practice, autograph session with both teams and an appearance by Sebastian the Ibis.

The men’s team is coming off a remarkable turnaround season in which they were projected to finish last in the Atlantic Coast Conference and wound up making the second round of the NCAA tournament. The team returns most of that nucleus, including senior guard Jack McClinton. The women’s team is rebounding after a 9-20 season, but is bringing in a McDonald’s All-American in Shenise Johnson, rated No. 11 in the country by Slam Magazine.

Matthew Bunch

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Three days after the University of Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski was le ...

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...

For the second straight game, Miami's starting pitcher looked in dominant form through the firs ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete against fellow conference members at the 2 ...