Coconut Grove Beat Notebook

Evan Handler, known for his role as Harry on “Sex in the City,” will be reading from his newest book, “It’s Only Temporary: The Good News and The Bad News of Being Alive” on Monday, Oct. 27, at 7:30 p.m. Handler is just one of the many celebrated authors that will be featured during the Jewish Book Festival from Oct. 27 through Nov. 10 at the Alper Jewish Community Center in Coconut Gove. The festival features authors and books on various topics, including the Holocaust, medical myths, and war. Tickets for specific events are $12 and more information on each author can be found at www.alperjcc.org.

Other Events:
Mythical Coral Castle has become a home to Miami’s most provocative psychics, who gather there for the psychic fair on the first Saturday of every month. The fair features a wide range of unique activities, from having your aura photographed to getting a fairy card reading or exploring various vendors’ collections of jewelry, books, and crystals. Historic Coral Castle is located at 28655 S. Dixie Hwy in Homestead.

On the first Friday of every month, Ponce de Leon Park is host to Art in the Park, a cultural event that mixes jazz, piano improvisations and Latin funk with exhibits by local artists. Hosted under the stars, the music begins at 7 p.m. The park is located at 2800 Ponce de Leon Blvd. For more information visit www.artintheparkconcerts.com.

Laura Edwins

Managing Editor