Politics: On the trail

McCain Campaign said Obama misrepresented insurance plan

Sen. John McCain’s Florida campaign said that Democratic presidential nominee Sen. Barack Obama has misrepresented Republican presidential nominee Sen. John McCain’s insurance plan. Despite Obama’s claims, they’ve stated, McCain’s plan will not cost more and leave less covered.

McCain will change the tax code to give Americans more health insurance coverage options by giving a $2,500 direct refundable tax credit to individuals and $5,000 to families. This money will be given to offset the cost of insurance, according to the McCain campaign.

Obama tells Americans to vote early

The official Web site of Barack Obama’s 2008 presidential campaign reported on Saturday that Obama finished two days of campaigning in Ohio by telling people to vote early.

This year, 36 states will allow some type of early voting and one-third of voters nationally are expected to do so.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

UM female scientists share some insight on women in science, science in Hollywood and how Wonder Wom ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

Two outgoing Miami student-athletes, Shakima Wimbley and Gracie Lachowecki, have officially been nam ...

Miami Deputy AD/SWA Jennifer Strawley has been named a member of the WBCA Board of Directors, as ann ...

The Atlantic Coast and Big Ten Conferences announced Monday, the University of Miami men's bask ...

Three members of the University of Miami men's tennis players have been selected as All-ACC Aca ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had four individuals selected to the 2017 Atlantic Co ...