Politics: On the trail

McCain Campaign said Obama misrepresented insurance plan

Sen. John McCain’s Florida campaign said that Democratic presidential nominee Sen. Barack Obama has misrepresented Republican presidential nominee Sen. John McCain’s insurance plan. Despite Obama’s claims, they’ve stated, McCain’s plan will not cost more and leave less covered.

McCain will change the tax code to give Americans more health insurance coverage options by giving a $2,500 direct refundable tax credit to individuals and $5,000 to families. This money will be given to offset the cost of insurance, according to the McCain campaign.

Obama tells Americans to vote early

The official Web site of Barack Obama’s 2008 presidential campaign reported on Saturday that Obama finished two days of campaigning in Ohio by telling people to vote early.

This year, 36 states will allow some type of early voting and one-third of voters nationally are expected to do so.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...