Weekend Playlist 4.0

“I Hustle” – Y.P.: This street-inspiring anthem is set over a melodic, 1920s-sounding beat that will definitely catch you off guard. This song is perfect for a lax weekend moment when you kick back with some wine and perhaps another tool of relaxation.

“Let it Rock” – Kevin Rudolph feat. Lil’ Wayne: Cash Money’s first rock artist is quickly making a name for himself with this hard-hitting track featuring a (thank the music gods) vocoder-free Weezy.

“Body On Me” – Nelly feat. Ashanti & Akon: Darn it, Akon, when will you sing a pseudo-sexual hook that I don’t end up singing to myself for hours on end? Nelly and his boo Ashanti join Akon for a catchy jam that should end in someone rubbing their body on you.

“Mr. Alladatshit” – Kidz in the Hall feat. Chip Tha Ripper: Turn this up and enjoy a refreshingly positive track from some lesser-known conscious rappers. Not sure yet? Rapper Naledge says this song will have you feeling “higher than giraffe pussy.” What else do you need for a great weekend?

“Windows Media Player” – Charles Hamilton: When is the last time you heard samples of computer sounds for an entire track? I’d say the day before never. Either way, enjoy the wordplay and singing that will have you looking crazy and singing “CharlesHamilton.blogspot.com” around campus.

Bonus swagger-packed jam: “Swagga Like Us” – T.I., Kanye West, Jay-Z and Lil’ Wayne: “Mr. West is in the building/Swagger sitting on a hundred thousand trillion/I know I got it first I’m Christopher Columbus/Y’all ni**as Pilgrims.” “Gotta bop like this/Can’t wear skinny jeans because my nuts don’t fit.” “My jewels – blue and yellow/The type of shit that make them call you Carmelo.” Got enough quotables? Go download this already!

Dan Buyanovsky

Senior Writer

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The Brazilian judge whose office spearheaded a massive corruption and bribery investigation said tha ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

Edgerrin James, Reggie Wayne, Kellen Winslow II, Jon Beason and Lamar Thomas were among the football ...

Miami came up short in Game 1 of a doubleheader Saturday afternoon, falling to visiting Pitt, 3-0, a ...

Canes shoot 2-under on back nine; Weber third overall at 2-under 70. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will conclude its regular season Sunday with a home d ...

Kevin Arreaga smashed a school record in the men's hammer throw to lead the University of Miami ...