Sports Briefs

BASEBALL

Fall season begins

The University of Miami baseball team begins fall practice Thursday.

Over the next two months, the players will compete in ten intrasquad scrimmages, the annual alumni game on Oct. 24, scrimmages against Miami Dade College and Indian River Community College, the Orange-Green World Series and Pro Scout Day.

Nineteen players return from last year’s team that finished 53-11 and made it to the College World Series. The incoming 13-member signing class was recently ranked seventh nationally by College Baseball Newspaper.

ROWING

Good showing at Head of the Oklahoma Regatta

Over the weekend, Miami’s rowing team took part in one of the premiere racing events at the Head of the Oklahoma Regatta in Oklahoma City.

In the Collegiate Eight night race, the Canes finished fourth behind Stanford, Washington State and Harvard/Radcliffe in the 500 meter sprint.

Sophomore Monika Sajinic won in singles racing by over one minute with a time of 17:06.421.

The top Collegiate Four team at Miami, consisting of coxswain Shira Kharrazi, stroke Laura Cordner, 3-seat Nic Saner, 2-seat Frida Schneider and bow Sajinic, won with a time of 15:51.753.

Information compiled by from hurricanesports.com.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...