Jay-Z, Wyclef Jean to perform in Miami for voter registration, Obama

In a previous issue of The Miami Hurricane, we asked students if famous actors or musicians influenced their political ideology. Though most students admitted they could care less about their favorite star’s presidential favorite, one student said, “If Jay-Z votes for Obama, I’ll vote for Obama.” Well, Obama can rest assured he has at least one more vote from that particular UM student.

This Sunday, the Obama Campaign will sponsor a free, yes free, Jay-Z concert at Bayfront Park for political supporters and hip-hop heads alike. Bayfront Park, known for its lax atmosphere and beautiful backdrop of the Miami skyline, has recently played host venue to shows like Rock the Bells, Warped Tour and will also be home to the 2009 Langerado Festival.

The show, entitled “Last Chance for Change: Voter Registration Rally with Jay-Z,” is absolutely free and open to anyone over 18. Tickets will be distributed starting tomorrow at 10 a.m. at Obama Campaign Headquarters in Coral Gables, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Hialeah, Hollywood, Homestead, Margate and Miami Gardens.

Doors open at 7 p.m. and the show begins at 8:30. Whether you’re an Obama supporter or not, a free Jay-Z night show beside the gorgeous Miami skyline is something you simply cannot miss. Check out the Obama Campaign’s site page at http://my.barackobama.com/page/s/JayZ for more info.

Dan Buyanovsky

Senior Writer

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The Canes won four events against FGCU on Saturday while also recording a total of 11 top-three fini ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...

The University of Miami track and field team starred in the Lone Star State, as the Hurricanes shone ...

The Miami women's tennis team dominated play on its home court Friday to open the 2018 spring s ...