Campus Beat Notebook

The Coconut Grove Farmer’s Market, famous for its fresh organic fruits and vegetables, is open every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. With goods from around the world, the products vary from season to season but local specialties include pestos, salad dressings and fresh fruit pies in a variety of flavors including mango, strawberry, raspberry-apple, and apple almond. The Farmer’s Market is located at Grand Avenue and Margaret Street.

David T. Kennedy Park caters to a different sort of walker – dogs and their owners. The park boasts a fenced area for furry friends to run free of leashes and plenty of benches for people too. The perfect place for a quite afternoon with a canine companion, the park is conveniently located at 2600 S. Bayshore Dr, and offers plenty of parking.

Looking for a jumpstart on Halloween festivities or just on the hunt for an evening thrill? Celestial Treasures is hosting Ghost Quest on Oct. 19 from 7 to 9 p.m. The cemetery adventure includes a tour of various grave sites, plenty of ghost stories and a spiritual cleansing. To reserve a spot, call 305-461-2341.

Shake-a-Leg Sailboat Rentals offers a special three-hour tour of Miami waterways by moonlight starting at $16 per person. Take a date on a rare nautical adventure piloted by a registered Shake-a-Leg admiral. The rental shop also offers individual rentals for the experienced seafarer. For further details, call 305-858-5550 or visit the Shake-a-Leg crew at 2620 S. Bayshore Dr.

Laura Edwins

Managing Editor

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he didn’t hesitat ...

1. DOLPHINS: Miami seeks revenge vs. hated, Stinkin' Jets: Dolphins host Jets Sunday with Miami ...

Notes and observations on UM’s 27-19 win against Syracuse: • A UM source said Mark Richt seemed more ...

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

The Miami women's tennis team split its eight matches on its second day of competition at the I ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...