Spotted on Site: A.J. Carda

Photo by Tanya Thompson // Hurricane Staff.

A new addition to The Miami Hurricane that features charismatic members of the University of Miami community caught off-guard! Could you be next?
Freshman A.J. Carda has not yet declared his major but he has definitely declared his love for bass guitar, as well as hats. Often, Carda said he is spotted with his bass strapped across his shoulder, yet he admitted a sometimes hidden talent of his – being a drum player.

THE MIAMI HURRICANE: What made you decide to play the bass?

A.J. Carda: Well, I’m a drum player, but since I couldn’t take my drum set with me, I picked up the bass.

TMH: You mentioned you play in a band. What is your band’s name?

AC: Iron Price.

TMH: Why the long hair?

AC: I was in JROTC back in high school and they made me cut it, so in a juvenile attempt to get back at the man I grew it out. Also, I like it.

TMH: What individual or band has influenced your band the most?

AC: Oh, definitely Epic and Wolfeblitzer, two local thrash metal bands back home. When ever these bands play it keeps my band members and I awake for the next few days writing music.

TMH: What’s your style?

AC: Anything that is weird but honestly, it’s all about the comfort. I also own 800,000 hats.

Tanya Thompson

Contributing Writer

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Spotted on Site: A.J. Carda”

1. Lee Seals says:

We’d like to come down there and play for ya’ll! Does anyone have contacts for any cool venues? You can contact us or check us out at myspace.com/wolfeblitzer

Thanks!

Lee Seals
    Guitarist, WolfeBlitzer

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...