Fashion 4Word

Laptop Covers
Taking a glance around your lecture hall, you might view a splash of color amidst the sea of downturned heads taking notes. You realize it is a laptop, though you wonder how your fellow student transformed their MacBook into a vibrant creation. Ponder no longer. Companies like GelaSkins offer their chic wares for laptop users as a way to customize and protect computers from bumps and scratches. Made of thin vinyl adhesive, these covers can be removed and reapplied with ease. They thankfully do not leave any residue behind, so you are able to change the style of your laptop on a whim. On campus, students sport solid colored or patterned designs on their laptops. GelaSkins offer unique works by up-and-coming artists from around the world, so your precious laptop will be a guaranteed original.

Patterned A-Line Skirts
Miami students keep it classy with sweet, patterned A-line skirts. With the popular fit falling just above the knee, these skirts are a throwback to the conservative times of the 1950s. However, since these are University of Miami students strutting with this stylish garment, there is inevitably a twist on the trend. Bright colors and bold patterns are plentiful, lending a bit of fun and panache to this sophisticated style.

Oversized Sunglasses
While temperatures begin to drop in other states, the sun continues to blaze brightly over Florida. After all, there is a reason it is known as the Sunshine State. Therefore, Miami students accessorize accordingly. An abundance of large, black sunglasses can be seen at just about any spot on campus. Expertly propped atop their heads, students sport their chic shades for both style and function. Brands ranging from Prada and D&G to less-pricey Forever 21 are worn across campus.

Embellished Ballet Flats

The simple black ballet flat is out of style, as new embellished versions take center stage. Students can be seen sporting these flats paired with a trendy dress or pair of shorts. There is a wide spectrum in the type of enhancements on this popular type of footwear. Jeweled adornments, bows, sparkly sequins, and new toe shapes are a few new additions to the repertoire of the classic ballet flat. A versatile pair of shoes is a necessity for girls, so be sure to find a pair that meets your stylish needs. Join in on this hot trend which will prove to remain popular for seasons to come.

Danielle Kaslow

Senior EDGE Writer

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

NBA Draft will be held Thursday evening in Brooklyn. ...

First-year Miami head soccer coach Sarah Barnes released Wednesday the team's schedule for the ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...