Coconut Grove Beat Notebook

ArtWay 66 Gallery will host Art Stroll, a live music event, on the first Saturday of every month. The next Art Stroll will take place at 7 p.m. on Oct. 4., and will feature the work of exiled Cuban artist Alexander Calderon. The gallery is located on the second level of the Shops at CocoWalk, at 3015 Grand Avenue.

Miami Improv will feature comedian Mike Epps in a special engagement from Sept. 26 through Sept. 28. Epps is well-known for his role on the Def Comedy Jam tour and on HBO specials. Recently, he was chosen to portray Richard Pryor in a biography of the life of the comedic legend. Tickets and show times are available at www.miamiimprov.com.

Biking aficionados may be pleased to note that Coconut Grove offers a historic four-mile bike path that begins at the Rickenbacker Causeway and heads south alongside South Bayshore Drive. While it can be hazardous at night, the route provides a unique view of the area during the day. For intermediate bikers, the bike path continues on a 30-mile stretch from Key Biscayne to Palmetto Bay.

Free-range peacocks have begun to take their toll on the residents of Coconut Grove. The colorful birds have grown in numbers over the past several years and now roam the neighborhood in packs, obstructing traffic. The City of Miami is a designated bird sanctuary, leaving many annoyed homeowners in the Grove with no other option than to tolerate the peacocks.

Laura Edwins

Managing Editor

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...