Coconut Grove Beat Notebook

ArtWay 66 Gallery will host Art Stroll, a live music event, on the first Saturday of every month. The next Art Stroll will take place at 7 p.m. on Oct. 4., and will feature the work of exiled Cuban artist Alexander Calderon. The gallery is located on the second level of the Shops at CocoWalk, at 3015 Grand Avenue.

Miami Improv will feature comedian Mike Epps in a special engagement from Sept. 26 through Sept. 28. Epps is well-known for his role on the Def Comedy Jam tour and on HBO specials. Recently, he was chosen to portray Richard Pryor in a biography of the life of the comedic legend. Tickets and show times are available at www.miamiimprov.com.

Biking aficionados may be pleased to note that Coconut Grove offers a historic four-mile bike path that begins at the Rickenbacker Causeway and heads south alongside South Bayshore Drive. While it can be hazardous at night, the route provides a unique view of the area during the day. For intermediate bikers, the bike path continues on a 30-mile stretch from Key Biscayne to Palmetto Bay.

Free-range peacocks have begun to take their toll on the residents of Coconut Grove. The colorful birds have grown in numbers over the past several years and now roam the neighborhood in packs, obstructing traffic. The City of Miami is a designated bird sanctuary, leaving many annoyed homeowners in the Grove with no other option than to tolerate the peacocks.

Laura Edwins

Managing Editor

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

A little more than two years ago, Larry Scott was serving as the Miami Hurricanes’ interim head coac ...

The college basketball world woke up Friday morning to a bombshell report by Yahoo Sports detailing ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The Miami women's basketball team plays its last game of the 2017-18 regular season Sunday at 4 ...

Canes and Eagles play at 2 p.m. Saturday in key ACC matchup. ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

The Miami women's tennis team resumes play Saturday with its second match of the season at a ne ...

Check out the best images from Day 1 at the 2018 ACC Indoor Championships. ...