Coconut Grove Beat Notebook

ArtWay 66 Gallery will host Art Stroll, a live music event, on the first Saturday of every month. The next Art Stroll will take place at 7 p.m. on Oct. 4., and will feature the work of exiled Cuban artist Alexander Calderon. The gallery is located on the second level of the Shops at CocoWalk, at 3015 Grand Avenue.

Miami Improv will feature comedian Mike Epps in a special engagement from Sept. 26 through Sept. 28. Epps is well-known for his role on the Def Comedy Jam tour and on HBO specials. Recently, he was chosen to portray Richard Pryor in a biography of the life of the comedic legend. Tickets and show times are available at www.miamiimprov.com.

Biking aficionados may be pleased to note that Coconut Grove offers a historic four-mile bike path that begins at the Rickenbacker Causeway and heads south alongside South Bayshore Drive. While it can be hazardous at night, the route provides a unique view of the area during the day. For intermediate bikers, the bike path continues on a 30-mile stretch from Key Biscayne to Palmetto Bay.

Free-range peacocks have begun to take their toll on the residents of Coconut Grove. The colorful birds have grown in numbers over the past several years and now roam the neighborhood in packs, obstructing traffic. The City of Miami is a designated bird sanctuary, leaving many annoyed homeowners in the Grove with no other option than to tolerate the peacocks.

Laura Edwins

Managing Editor

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterile Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...