Spotted on Site: Aleah McGehee

A new addition to The Miami Hurricane that features charismatic members of the University of Miami community caught off-guard! Could you be next?

Aleah McGehee, a sophomore majoring in Music Business, is the promotions director for WVUM Radio, has three shows on the channel and is a self-proclaimed music buff in general. McGehee was spotted in front of Lake Osceola’s fountain, rocking out to tunes through extra-large headphones and holding organic fruits.

THE MIAMI HURRICANE: What inspires your style?

Aleah McGehee: Overall, my favorite bands and designers. But on a day-to-day basis it’s whatever I feel like! If I’m feeling happy, crazy, angry or whatever, I’ll wear something to match it.

TMH: How would you say you are different from everyone else?

AM: I always have a smile on my face, play the bassoon and I am from Kansas. I also have super powers, but I typically only show ’em off at parties.

TMH: Why did you choose to come to the University of Miami?

AM: I auditioned at five schools and of all of them I just felt the most comfortable here. I certainly made the right decision!

TMH: Who is your hero/idol and why?

AM: I have several… Davey Havok, Ian MacKaye, Greg Graffin, Joe Strummer and Andy Warhol are the key ones. They all challenged people to think and were never afraid to be themselves.

TMH: What do you like to do in your free time?

AM: What free time? When I’m not in class, I’m probably hanging around WVUM [Radio]. I have three shows and am the Promotions Director. I also swing dance, enjoy art, and play something like nine instruments. My life is pretty much music, music, music and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Tanya Thompson

Contributing Writer

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he didn’t hesitat ...

1. DOLPHINS: Miami seeks revenge vs. hated, Stinkin' Jets: Dolphins host Jets Sunday with Miami ...

Notes and observations on UM’s 27-19 win against Syracuse: • A UM source said Mark Richt seemed more ...

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...