Spotted on Site: Aleah McGehee

A new addition to The Miami Hurricane that features charismatic members of the University of Miami community caught off-guard! Could you be next?

Aleah McGehee, a sophomore majoring in Music Business, is the promotions director for WVUM Radio, has three shows on the channel and is a self-proclaimed music buff in general. McGehee was spotted in front of Lake Osceola’s fountain, rocking out to tunes through extra-large headphones and holding organic fruits.

THE MIAMI HURRICANE: What inspires your style?

Aleah McGehee: Overall, my favorite bands and designers. But on a day-to-day basis it’s whatever I feel like! If I’m feeling happy, crazy, angry or whatever, I’ll wear something to match it.

TMH: How would you say you are different from everyone else?

AM: I always have a smile on my face, play the bassoon and I am from Kansas. I also have super powers, but I typically only show ’em off at parties.

TMH: Why did you choose to come to the University of Miami?

AM: I auditioned at five schools and of all of them I just felt the most comfortable here. I certainly made the right decision!

TMH: Who is your hero/idol and why?

AM: I have several… Davey Havok, Ian MacKaye, Greg Graffin, Joe Strummer and Andy Warhol are the key ones. They all challenged people to think and were never afraid to be themselves.

TMH: What do you like to do in your free time?

AM: What free time? When I’m not in class, I’m probably hanging around WVUM [Radio]. I have three shows and am the Promotions Director. I also swing dance, enjoy art, and play something like nine instruments. My life is pretty much music, music, music and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Tanya Thompson

Contributing Writer

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...