UMTV to broadcast Obama event live

UMTV, the University of Miami’s student television station, will broadcast Barack Obama’s sold-out campaign event at the BankUnited Center live Friday morning.

“I think our main goal is to generate interest in the channel, and with Obama coming, it gives students to be part of something larger than college,” said Peter Saroufim, the undergraduate director of “Newsvision,” UMTV’s evening news program. “It really gives people a reason to watch UMTV.”

UMTV is available on Coral Gables Comcast channel 96, including the UM campus.

Matthew Bunch

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...