Obama tickets sold out; event to be broadcast on UMTV

Barack Obama

UPDATED 12:37 P.M. 9/17/08

Tickets for the Barack Obama campaign at the BankUnited Center Friday have sold out in advance of the event.

UMTV, the University of Miami’s student-run television station, will simulcast the Obama campaign event on UM cable channel 96 and on umtv.miami.edu/site/live.php.

UPDATED 5:18 P.M. 9/16/08

Democratic Presidential nominee Barack Obama will appear at the BankUnited Center Friday morning.

The event, which is not through the university but is instead through the Obama for President campaign, will open its doors at 9:30 a.m. It is open to the public, meaning there is no priority for student seating; all seating is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Advanced ticketing is available at Barack Obama’s campaign website:

http://my.barackobama.com/page/s/flcoralgableswfo

According to the university, the first 3,000 students attending the event will receive a voucher for a free breakfast when they present their Cane Card.

Stay with The Miami Hurricane as more information on this breaking story becomes available.

Matthew Bunch

5 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Obama tickets sold out; event to be broadcast on UMTV”

1. monica L says:

Hillary, don’t you have some lipstick to put on? Get the fuck outta here and don’t leave any piggie tracks behind on your way out…

2. Alissa says:

I would love to go show support for My canidate!!! Sorry this event is sold out for HATERS!

3. mexico says:

latin america is with obama

4. Hillary says:

Why are all the tickets gone from Osama’s website? I would like to go so I could heckle the bastard right on the front row!

5. Sarah says:

OMG I’M GOING TO CAMP OUTSIDE THE NIGHT BEFORE! WHERE CAN I BUY A TENT?

James Jones, who starred at Hialeah American High School, the University of Miami and was a part of ...

A classic good news/bad news scenerio arose for Miami Hurricanes football at the recent Atlantic Coa ...

The University of Miami football players are not the only ones getting preseason accolades. The guys ...

Defending national champ Clemson led all Atlantic Coast Conference schools Wednesday with five playe ...

This was a neat idea that Peter King’s Monday Morning Quarterback website rolled out just as NFL tra ...

Gomez, an expert on human values and attitudes in post-Castro Cuba, will serve as interim director o ...

The University of Miami announced the appointment of Cindy Munro as the new dean of the School of Nu ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

University of Miami’s Office of Civic and Community Engagement harnesses technology to seek affordab ...

UM female scientists share some insight on women in science, science in Hollywood and how Wonder Wom ...