Obama tickets sold out; event to be broadcast on UMTV

Barack Obama

UPDATED 12:37 P.M. 9/17/08

Tickets for the Barack Obama campaign at the BankUnited Center Friday have sold out in advance of the event.

UMTV, the University of Miami’s student-run television station, will simulcast the Obama campaign event on UM cable channel 96 and on umtv.miami.edu/site/live.php.

UPDATED 5:18 P.M. 9/16/08

Democratic Presidential nominee Barack Obama will appear at the BankUnited Center Friday morning.

The event, which is not through the university but is instead through the Obama for President campaign, will open its doors at 9:30 a.m. It is open to the public, meaning there is no priority for student seating; all seating is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Advanced ticketing is available at Barack Obama’s campaign website:

http://my.barackobama.com/page/s/flcoralgableswfo

According to the university, the first 3,000 students attending the event will receive a voucher for a free breakfast when they present their Cane Card.

Stay with The Miami Hurricane as more information on this breaking story becomes available.

Matthew Bunch

5 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Obama tickets sold out; event to be broadcast on UMTV”

1. monica L says:

Hillary, don’t you have some lipstick to put on? Get the fuck outta here and don’t leave any piggie tracks behind on your way out…

2. Alissa says:

I would love to go show support for My canidate!!! Sorry this event is sold out for HATERS!

3. mexico says:

latin america is with obama

4. Hillary says:

Why are all the tickets gone from Osama’s website? I would like to go so I could heckle the bastard right on the front row!

5. Sarah says:

OMG I’M GOING TO CAMP OUTSIDE THE NIGHT BEFORE! WHERE CAN I BUY A TENT?

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Syracuse to record their 750th all-ti ...

Following a promising performance during the fall portion of the 2017-18 campaign, the University of ...

The University of Miami track and field program travels to Texas this week to compete at the Texas T ...

The Miami women's tennis team will begin its 2018 spring season this weekend on its home court. ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...