Obama tickets sold out; event to be broadcast on UMTV

Barack Obama

UPDATED 12:37 P.M. 9/17/08

Tickets for the Barack Obama campaign at the BankUnited Center Friday have sold out in advance of the event.

UMTV, the University of Miami’s student-run television station, will simulcast the Obama campaign event on UM cable channel 96 and on umtv.miami.edu/site/live.php.

UPDATED 5:18 P.M. 9/16/08

Democratic Presidential nominee Barack Obama will appear at the BankUnited Center Friday morning.

The event, which is not through the university but is instead through the Obama for President campaign, will open its doors at 9:30 a.m. It is open to the public, meaning there is no priority for student seating; all seating is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Advanced ticketing is available at Barack Obama’s campaign website:

http://my.barackobama.com/page/s/flcoralgableswfo

According to the university, the first 3,000 students attending the event will receive a voucher for a free breakfast when they present their Cane Card.

Stay with The Miami Hurricane as more information on this breaking story becomes available.

Matthew Bunch

5 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Obama tickets sold out; event to be broadcast on UMTV”

1. monica L says:

Hillary, don’t you have some lipstick to put on? Get the fuck outta here and don’t leave any piggie tracks behind on your way out…

2. Alissa says:

I would love to go show support for My canidate!!! Sorry this event is sold out for HATERS!

3. mexico says:

latin america is with obama

4. Hillary says:

Why are all the tickets gone from Osama’s website? I would like to go so I could heckle the bastard right on the front row!

5. Sarah says:

OMG I’M GOING TO CAMP OUTSIDE THE NIGHT BEFORE! WHERE CAN I BUY A TENT?

Randy Ableman has built something special with his Miami Hurricanes diving program. Here’s why: Ther ...

Two days after the University of Miami football team played its spring game, coach Mark Richt stayed ...

The University of Miami’s most anticipated Atlantic Coast Conference baseball series of the season e ...

The University of Miami announced Sunday evening that sophomore safety Jeff James, Jr., has parted w ...

UM’s 2018 recruiting class, already regarded as the best in the country, added two more gems over th ...

The period of the first 100 days in office is a telling gauge for a president's full term in th ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Carlos Bustamante, a Presidential Distinguished Scholar, kicked off his series of lectures about gen ...

Edward Abraham, M.D., has been named Dean of the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Med ...

University of Miami men's tennis team is set to start ACC Championship play Wednesday in Rome, ...

Malcolm Grant plays for Tajfun Sentjur in Slovenia ...

The University of Miami Department of Athletics continued to earn high praise with its student-athle ...

The University of Miami men's tennis match against Virginia Tech has been cancelled due to heav ...

The series finale between Miami and Florida State at Mark Light Field was cancelled due to inclement ...