Obama tickets sold out; event to be broadcast on UMTV

Barack Obama

UPDATED 12:37 P.M. 9/17/08

Tickets for the Barack Obama campaign at the BankUnited Center Friday have sold out in advance of the event.

UMTV, the University of Miami’s student-run television station, will simulcast the Obama campaign event on UM cable channel 96 and on umtv.miami.edu/site/live.php.

UPDATED 5:18 P.M. 9/16/08

Democratic Presidential nominee Barack Obama will appear at the BankUnited Center Friday morning.

The event, which is not through the university but is instead through the Obama for President campaign, will open its doors at 9:30 a.m. It is open to the public, meaning there is no priority for student seating; all seating is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Advanced ticketing is available at Barack Obama’s campaign website:

http://my.barackobama.com/page/s/flcoralgableswfo

According to the university, the first 3,000 students attending the event will receive a voucher for a free breakfast when they present their Cane Card.

Stay with The Miami Hurricane as more information on this breaking story becomes available.

Matthew Bunch

5 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Obama tickets sold out; event to be broadcast on UMTV”

1. monica L says:

Hillary, don’t you have some lipstick to put on? Get the fuck outta here and don’t leave any piggie tracks behind on your way out…

2. Alissa says:

I would love to go show support for My canidate!!! Sorry this event is sold out for HATERS!

3. mexico says:

latin america is with obama

4. Hillary says:

Why are all the tickets gone from Osama’s website? I would like to go so I could heckle the bastard right on the front row!

5. Sarah says:

OMG I’M GOING TO CAMP OUTSIDE THE NIGHT BEFORE! WHERE CAN I BUY A TENT?

University of Miami running back Mark Walton was rolling — until he got rolled on, or stepped on. Wa ...

For those concerned about the apparent on-field struggles of graduate transfer Dee Delaney, an All-A ...

This week’s Top 25 college-affiliated football polls, released Sunday afternoon, agreed on how to ta ...

A few quick thoughts (or second thoughts) after 14th-ranked UM’s 52-30 win against Toledo on Saturda ...

Miami Hurricanes senior wide receiver Braxton Berrios sprinted — in a joyous frenzy — for about 30 y ...

UM students fan out across South Florida to help local neighborhoods rebound from the impacts of Hur ...

Classes resume on the Coral Gables campus after the removal of 4 million pounds of landscape debris. ...

Students living in residential housing are returning to campus and classes with renewed resolve. ...

UM’s student-run ’Canes Emergency Response Team puts their training into action to assist with recov ...

UM students recount how they rode out the storm called Hurricane Irma. ...

Walton rushes for career-high 204 yards and Rosier has four touchdowns in Miami's comeback vict ...

The University of Miami volleyball team outlasted Virginia, 3-2, in Atlantic Coast Conference action ...

Sunday, Sinead Lohan became the first person in Miami women's tennis history to win the singles ...

The Miami women's tennis team concluded its opening weekend of play Sunday on the final day of ...

The University of Miami swimming team continued its weekend at All-Florida Invitational at the Steph ...