Four UM students robbed at gunpoint on Ponce Saturday night

Four University of Miami students were robbed at gunpoint on Ponce de Leon Blvd. early Sunday morning, UM Police reported in a Crime Alert this afternoon.

According to UM Police, the four students were walking towards campus from the Shops at Sunset Place, when four attackers approached them, held them at gunpoint and robbed the students at 5965 Ponce de Leon Blvd., located between San Amaro Dr. and Southwest 57th Ave., at 1:05 a.m. Sunday.

The attackers, described as young black males wearing white t-shirts or tank tops and jeans shorts, had been walking several yards ahead of the four students. They then stopped in front of a building and allowed the victims to pass. After the students passed them, the attackers held them at gunpoint, robbed them and fled west.
The case is under investigation by the Coral Gables Police Department.

To report any information about this incident, call UM Police at 305-284-6666 or Crimestoppers at 305-471-TIPS (8477). All information will remain anonymous.

Chelsea Kate Isaacs

2 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Four UM students robbed at gunpoint on Ponce Saturday night”

1. HillBillyBob says:

Thanks to the UM Police force for being on duty at the local Dunkin Donuts instead of patroling the western part of UM. The part next to the ghetto. It should be fun for all the criminals when those buildings getting built next to UM and the Gas Station on 57th Ave are finished.

2. Will says:

It’s a shame none of the students was armed, thats the only way these criminals will learn is if victims stand up to them. I do not travel ANYWHERE in Miami without a handgun, and would reccomend anyone who does not have their concealed carry permit to get one and familiarize themselves with the FL gun statutes, the law is very permissive to “stand your ground” and return a threat with deadly force.

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he didn’t hesitat ...

1. DOLPHINS: Miami seeks revenge vs. hated, Stinkin' Jets: Dolphins host Jets Sunday with Miami ...

Notes and observations on UM’s 27-19 win against Syracuse: • A UM source said Mark Richt seemed more ...

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

The Miami women's tennis team split its eight matches on its second day of competition at the I ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...