Jogger robbed of iPod while running on Pisano

An individual, unaffiliated with the University of Miami, was robbed of an iPod while jogging along the 1000 block of Pisano Avenue — near Doctors Hospital and the School of Communication parking lot — at approximately 9:15 a.m. Sunday, according to an e-mail crime alert sent this afternoon.

The thief, who is described as a white male wearing an orange shirt with eyeglasses, with unshaven stubble on his face, pulled up next to the jogger in a red Dodge Charger. An individual in the passengers seat asked the jogger for directions to the Otto G. Richter Library, to which the victim replied he did not know. The theif then reached out the window and grabbed the victim’s iPod and keys which were clipped onto the waistband of his shorts.  The victim did not suffer any injuries, the alert said.

UMPD has not yet been available for comment. 

Last April, a female UM student claimed that she had been assaulted and threatened by an attacker with a knife while jogging by the bridge at the 1000 block of Pisano Avenue, but it was ultimately determined by Coral Gables Police that she had falsified the story and had inflicted the wounds on herself.

Anyone with information regarding this iPod robbery may call UM Po lice at (305) 284-6666  or call Crimestoppers at (305)471-TIPS (8477) where callers will remain anonymous and become eligible for a cash reward, the alert said.