This Week in Entertainment

Britney ready to Vogue?

Numerous blogs and paparazzi Web sites are abuzz with evidence of a collaboration between comeback queen Britney Spears and famed photographer Patrick Demarchelier. According to reports, the Vogue favorite shot Brit Brit in Los Angeles Tuesday. But while rumors have been running rampant that the shoot is for an upcoming issue of Vogue, eonline.com reports that the pics will grace the pages of a different fashion magazine before year’s end. 

Wait, Ellen wears makeup? 

Move over Britney – there’s another controversial cover girl in town. Ellen Degeneres, fresh from her August nuptials to Australian actress Portia de Rossi, is the new spokeswoman for Cover Girl cosmetics. No word yet if the talk show host’s dance moves will be featured in the brand’s new television commercials. 

Hathaway’s criminal love

From A-lister to tabloid scandal subject, Anne Hathaway had a turbulent summer. Now the actress is addressing her breakup from Raffaello Follieri, the Italian businessman who plead guilty to wire fraud and money laundering in a New York courtroom Wednesday. Hathaway told W magazine that she discovered the allegations just days before she was expected to promote Get Smart, her summer hit with Steve Carrel. “It’s a situation where the rug was pulled out from under me all of a sudden,” she says. “But just as suddenly, my friends threw another rug back under me.”

Sarah Palin isn’t f**king Matt Damon

Don’t count on seeing Matt Damon at a McCain/Palin rally anytime soon. The actor is taking some heat for a recent interview in which he calls the Republican VP nominee “terrifying.” “I think the pick was made for political purposes,” he says, “but in terms of governance, it’s a disaster.” Damon said he is concerned that a “hockey mom” with minimal political experience could be a heartbeat away from the presidency.

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

The start to former Miami Hurricanes defensive end Chad Thomas' NFL career is going through a m ...

At one section of Miami's Richmond Park, Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels taught a ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

UM News interviewed a Miami Business School professor to learn more about claims that the changes co ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

The University of Miami track and field program got off to a strong start at the 2018 USATF Junior O ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...

Symone Mason, Tiara McMinn and Hasani Knight will be in the field of competitors at the 2018 USATF J ...

During the 2017-18 school year, Miami had student-athletes from 17 of the 32 countries in the FIFA W ...