University to open Monday; decision on evening classes to be made early afternoon tomorrow

Satellite Imagery of Hurricane Ike as of 4 p.m. Sunday. NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER

The University of Miami will open as scheduled Monday morning, but encourages students and faculty to check the status of evening classes tomorrow afternoon, as the effects of Hurricane Ike move closer to South Florida.

According to the university’s forecast analysis, Ike is anticipated to begin making serious impact late Monday evening. The Crisis Decision Team has already planned two meetings for tomorrow, one at 6:30 a.m. and one at 12:30 p.m. to discuss the storm and what affect it could have on the school.

The university will be updating its storm website (www.miami.edu/prepare) and its Hurricane Hotline (305-284-5151) throughout the storm.

To follow the storm and what decisions the school will make, stay with TheMiamiHurricane.com or visit Storm Tracker at blogs.themiamihurricane.com.

Matthew Bunch

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...