University to open Monday; decision on evening classes to be made early afternoon tomorrow

Satellite Imagery of Hurricane Ike as of 4 p.m. Sunday. NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER

The University of Miami will open as scheduled Monday morning, but encourages students and faculty to check the status of evening classes tomorrow afternoon, as the effects of Hurricane Ike move closer to South Florida.

According to the university’s forecast analysis, Ike is anticipated to begin making serious impact late Monday evening. The Crisis Decision Team has already planned two meetings for tomorrow, one at 6:30 a.m. and one at 12:30 p.m. to discuss the storm and what affect it could have on the school.

The university will be updating its storm website (www.miami.edu/prepare) and its Hurricane Hotline (305-284-5151) throughout the storm.

To follow the storm and what decisions the school will make, stay with TheMiamiHurricane.com or visit Storm Tracker at blogs.themiamihurricane.com.

Matthew Bunch

The University of Miami had four student-athletes selected to the watch lists for the Maxwell Award ...

The University of Miami's Symone Mason closed out the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships with a ...