University to open Monday; decision on evening classes to be made early afternoon tomorrow

Satellite Imagery of Hurricane Ike as of 4 p.m. Sunday. NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER

The University of Miami will open as scheduled Monday morning, but encourages students and faculty to check the status of evening classes tomorrow afternoon, as the effects of Hurricane Ike move closer to South Florida.

According to the university’s forecast analysis, Ike is anticipated to begin making serious impact late Monday evening. The Crisis Decision Team has already planned two meetings for tomorrow, one at 6:30 a.m. and one at 12:30 p.m. to discuss the storm and what affect it could have on the school.

The university will be updating its storm website (www.miami.edu/prepare) and its Hurricane Hotline (305-284-5151) throughout the storm.

To follow the storm and what decisions the school will make, stay with TheMiamiHurricane.com or visit Storm Tracker at blogs.themiamihurricane.com.

Matthew Bunch

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...