Football

A look at the perks of Dolphin Stadium

Ticketmaster.com

This isn’t the Orange Bowl anymore.

At the multi-sport facility known as Dolphin Stadium, many amenities previously unavailable at the OB will be easily accessible to fans at football games. 

• Gate B has been designated as the student entrance, and the west end zone will hold the student section – likely the loudest section despite it hosting only a fraction of the stadium’s 74,916 seats.
  • $250 million worth of improvements and innovations were made on the 21-year-old stadium in 2007 to provide more open space, concessions stands, restaurants, lounges and gathering places.
    • One of these areas, the Grand Plaza at Gate G on the south side, is an open-air but covered plaza used for pre-event entertainment. A large merchandise store that features the latest MLB and NFL merchandise can also be found here.
    • On the complete opposite side, the Courtyard at Gate C offers an identical space for festivities.
  • The Gallery of Legends adds a visual tour of Miami Dolphins history.
  • Both the 100 and 400 levels have more than 2,000 flat-screen high-definition TV monitors, including several 103-inch plasma displays that show the game while one waits in concession lines.
  • Among the more popular food items sold are panini sandwiches, “Dolphin hot dogs,” Asian stir fry, wraps, Edy’s ice cream, Caribbean cuisine and Cuban sandwiches.
  • Most importantly, Dolphin Stadium contains two of the largest high-definition video boards in professional sport venues and the longest LED ribbon board in the world.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...