Football

A look at the perks of Dolphin Stadium

Ticketmaster.com

This isn’t the Orange Bowl anymore.

At the multi-sport facility known as Dolphin Stadium, many amenities previously unavailable at the OB will be easily accessible to fans at football games. 

• Gate B has been designated as the student entrance, and the west end zone will hold the student section – likely the loudest section despite it hosting only a fraction of the stadium’s 74,916 seats.
  • $250 million worth of improvements and innovations were made on the 21-year-old stadium in 2007 to provide more open space, concessions stands, restaurants, lounges and gathering places.
    • One of these areas, the Grand Plaza at Gate G on the south side, is an open-air but covered plaza used for pre-event entertainment. A large merchandise store that features the latest MLB and NFL merchandise can also be found here.
    • On the complete opposite side, the Courtyard at Gate C offers an identical space for festivities.
  • The Gallery of Legends adds a visual tour of Miami Dolphins history.
  • Both the 100 and 400 levels have more than 2,000 flat-screen high-definition TV monitors, including several 103-inch plasma displays that show the game while one waits in concession lines.
  • Among the more popular food items sold are panini sandwiches, “Dolphin hot dogs,” Asian stir fry, wraps, Edy’s ice cream, Caribbean cuisine and Cuban sandwiches.
  • Most importantly, Dolphin Stadium contains two of the largest high-definition video boards in professional sport venues and the longest LED ribbon board in the world.

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...