Sports Briefs

Football
Marve suspended for opener

Miami Hurricanes’ quarterback Robert Marve has been suspended for the Canes’ season opener against Charleston Southern. The news came out Friday, and it is presumed that the suspension is the result of an incident that occurred last year in Coconut Grove.

With Marve, who is believed to be the favorite for the starting quarterback job, suspended, the door has been opened for Jacory Harris, who now looks to be the odds-on-favorite to lead the Canes out of the gate for the first game at Dolphin Stadium. What this means for the Hurricanes’ quarterback situation in the second game, against the University of Florida, is yet to be seen.

Information compiled by Pravin Patel from hurricanesports.com and The Miami Herald.

Pravin Patel

Part four of a five-part series on UM’s defense with the start of fall camp a month away: Cornerback ...

University of Miami head football coach Mark Richt was among the 20 coaches selected to the preseaso ...

Miami opens the Wooden Legacy against La Salle on Thanksgiving Day in Fullerton, Calif. ...