New resources available through the Richter Library

The University of Miami Libraries have implemented several new services over the summer with the specific purpose of better serving the UM students and faculty.

IBISweb or IBISweb Encore?

You now have choices when searching the library’s many resources. IBISWEB Encore is an interface for the library catalog that works similar to Amazon by providing relevancy-ranked keyword search results with thumbnails of book covers, as well as ways to easily view your search results by format, collection, language, publication date, or subject tags. Encore searches the same library catalog database as IBISWEB Classic, but presents the results in a user-friendly style. IBISWEB Classic is still available for those who prefer its functionality. Select IBISweb or IBISweb Encore from the tab menu at the top of the library homepage.

MultiSearch

MultiSearch is a new discovery tool that allows you to retrieve results from multiple databases with a single search. MultiSearch is accessed from the new tab menu on the top of the Library web site. Simply enter your search term and select a subject category. The library has preconfigured a selection of core electronic resources for each subject category, or you can select your own preferred mix of resources from the database listing on the MultiSearch home page.

Uncover your Creativity in the Digital Media Services (DMS) Lab

Digital Media Services has expanded on the first floor of Richter Library, adjacent to the Information Commons. In this lab you can design a poster or brochure, build a web site, edit video, work with Flash animation, convert analog formats to digital, and more. DMS workstations are equipped with state-of-the-art digital image, audio and video editing tools, giving faculty and students the resources needed to develop and present content in many new ways. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a first-time user, DMS can help you achieve your project goals. The trained staff are eager to assist and available from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m., Monday-Friday. Visit the web site for more information or to make a reservation: www.library.miami.edu/services/medialab/

More Seating Coming Soon to Richter

Space for additional seating has been added to Richter Library. Look for new group study tables, more chair options, and a greater number of seats. We’ve added workstations to the large group study (Room 122) and it is now available for individual users or for workshops.

Get Help Online with vLib, our Virtual Library Tutorials

Are you a new user of IBISweb? Need help using Course Reserves? The library now offers online tutorials designed to instruct patrons on how to get the most out of library services. This growing collection of short, narrated videos will help you navigate the library Web site, locate books and articles, read call numbers, and a lot more.

Visit the vLib web site at: www.library.miami.edu/vlib

Chelsea Kate Isaacs

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

Following a promising performance during the fall portion of the 2017-18 campaign, the University of ...

The University of Miami track and field program travels to Texas this week to compete at the Texas T ...

The Miami women's tennis team will begin its 2018 spring season this weekend on its home court. ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...