Eddie Pieron, 21, biology and psychology student

Eddie Pieron, a University of Miami senior from Woodland Hills, Calif., was found slain in his South Miami home on July 5. He was 21.  

Pieron, who studied biology and psychology, had aspirations of becoming a doctor, according to the Coral Gables Gazette. He was a “generous friend to so many people” who “seemed to care more about other people than himself,” close friends said.

Pieron graduated from the Carlbrook School in 2004. He enjoyed working out, football, going to the beach and playing Guitar Hero, according to his Facebook profile. A Facebook group called “Remembering Eddie Pieron,” has 383 members and 94 comments made by Pieron’s friends and family at the time of posting.

Friends recall exciting times with Pieron, his charisma, ability to “light up the room” and his love for “exquisite cheese” at Whole Foods.

Pieron’s loved ones have dedicated another Facebook group in honor of Pieron, called “Eddie Pieron, a sensitive and loving man. Rest Easy.”

To view Pieron’s remembrance group, log on to Facebook and search for “Remembering Eddie Pieron.”

Chelsea Kate Isaacs

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...