Eddie Pieron, 21, biology and psychology student

Eddie Pieron, a University of Miami senior from Woodland Hills, Calif., was found slain in his South Miami home on July 5. He was 21.  

Pieron, who studied biology and psychology, had aspirations of becoming a doctor, according to the Coral Gables Gazette. He was a “generous friend to so many people” who “seemed to care more about other people than himself,” close friends said.

Pieron graduated from the Carlbrook School in 2004. He enjoyed working out, football, going to the beach and playing Guitar Hero, according to his Facebook profile. A Facebook group called “Remembering Eddie Pieron,” has 383 members and 94 comments made by Pieron’s friends and family at the time of posting.

Friends recall exciting times with Pieron, his charisma, ability to “light up the room” and his love for “exquisite cheese” at Whole Foods.

Pieron’s loved ones have dedicated another Facebook group in honor of Pieron, called “Eddie Pieron, a sensitive and loving man. Rest Easy.”

To view Pieron’s remembrance group, log on to Facebook and search for “Remembering Eddie Pieron.”

Chelsea Kate Isaacs

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Anna Runia won the women's 400m hurdles at the Netherlands track and field championships, while ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...