University of Miami to remain closed Tuesday

Continue following Tropical Storm Fay with Storm Tracker at blogs.themiamihurricane.com.

The University of Miami will remain closed through Tuesday due to the effects of Tropical Storm Fay, the Crisis Decision Team announced Monday evening.

UM hospitals and clinics will remain open to provide services, except for Bascom Palmer Eye Institute’s facility in Naples, Fla.

Residential Colleges and the University Village will also remain open for check-in. International orientation will continue as planned, but general orientation check-in will take place from 1-7 p.m. in the International Lounge, 2nd floor of the University Center.

For more information, go to http://www.miami.edu/prepare or call the Hurricane Hotline at 305-284-5151 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Tuesday.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at bunch@miami.edu.

Matthew Bunch

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterile Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...