University of Miami to remain closed Tuesday

Continue following Tropical Storm Fay with Storm Tracker at blogs.themiamihurricane.com.

The University of Miami will remain closed through Tuesday due to the effects of Tropical Storm Fay, the Crisis Decision Team announced Monday evening.

UM hospitals and clinics will remain open to provide services, except for Bascom Palmer Eye Institute’s facility in Naples, Fla.

Residential Colleges and the University Village will also remain open for check-in. International orientation will continue as planned, but general orientation check-in will take place from 1-7 p.m. in the International Lounge, 2nd floor of the University Center.

For more information, go to http://www.miami.edu/prepare or call the Hurricane Hotline at 305-284-5151 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Tuesday.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at bunch@miami.edu.

Matthew Bunch

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Three days after the University of Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski was le ...

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...

For the second straight game, Miami's starting pitcher looked in dominant form through the firs ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete against fellow conference members at the 2 ...