University of Miami to remain closed Tuesday

Continue following Tropical Storm Fay with Storm Tracker at blogs.themiamihurricane.com.

The University of Miami will remain closed through Tuesday due to the effects of Tropical Storm Fay, the Crisis Decision Team announced Monday evening.

UM hospitals and clinics will remain open to provide services, except for Bascom Palmer Eye Institute’s facility in Naples, Fla.

Residential Colleges and the University Village will also remain open for check-in. International orientation will continue as planned, but general orientation check-in will take place from 1-7 p.m. in the International Lounge, 2nd floor of the University Center.

For more information, go to http://www.miami.edu/prepare or call the Hurricane Hotline at 305-284-5151 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Tuesday.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at bunch@miami.edu.

Matthew Bunch

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

The start to former Miami Hurricanes defensive end Chad Thomas' NFL career is going through a m ...

At one section of Miami's Richmond Park, Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels taught a ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

UM News interviewed a Miami Business School professor to learn more about claims that the changes co ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

The University of Miami track and field program got off to a strong start at the 2018 USATF Junior O ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...

Symone Mason, Tiara McMinn and Hasani Knight will be in the field of competitors at the 2018 USATF J ...

During the 2017-18 school year, Miami had student-athletes from 17 of the 32 countries in the FIFA W ...