University open for normal business Monday

UPDATED AUG. 17 AT 5:54 P.M.

The university will open Monday morning as planned, the crisis decision team announced after its 5 p.m. meeting.

As of now, all previously scheduled orientation and move-in schedules remain in place, said Assistant Vice President of Student Affairs Gilbert Arias.

The university continues to monitor the storm.

ORIGINAL STORY

As Tropical Storm Fay approaches South Florida, university operations will continue as usual for now, the crisis decision team announced after a noon meeting Sunday.

Facilities Planning will begin removing outdoor furniture and other movable objects Sunday afternoon.

The decision team will meet again Sunday at 5 p.m. to determine whether any other steps are needed.

President Donna E. Shalala, attending the Beijing Olympics, called in from China for the noon meeting.

For more information, call UM’s Hurricane Hotline at 305-284-5151 or visit www.miami.edu/prepare.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at bunch@miami.edu.

Matthew Bunch

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...

The University of Miami track and field team starred in the Lone Star State, as the Hurricanes shone ...

The Miami women's tennis team dominated play on its home court Friday to open the 2018 spring s ...

Hurricanes and Wolfpack face off at noon Sunday in Raleigh, N.C. ...