UM student Kelly Ann Jones’ autopsy released

POSTED 4:37 P.M. 7/11/08

As the murder investigation of one University of Miami student continues, information about the death of UM freshman Kelly Ann Jones is finally coming out.

An autopsy report obtained by The Miami Hurricane on July 10 reveals that marijuana, amphetamines, cough medicine and alcohol were detected in Jones’ body.

“[Jones’] cause of death is accidental, with no foul play involved,” said Juan Villaba, a detective and spokesperson for the Miami-Dade Police Department.

Jones fell to her death from a third floor balcony of Mahoney Residential College, an on-campus dormitory, in the early morning of April 6.

Although the autopsy report and cause of death has been released, Jones’ case is still “technically open,” added Villaba.

Chelsea Kate Isaacs may be contacted at chelsea@miami.edu.

VIDEO FROM APRIL PRESS CONFERENCE

Chelsea Kate Isaacs

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

The start to former Miami Hurricanes defensive end Chad Thomas' NFL career is going through a m ...

At one section of Miami's Richmond Park, Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels taught a ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...

During the 2017-18 school year, Miami had student-athletes from 17 of the 32 countries in the FIFA W ...

The University of Miami track and field program got off to a strong start at the 2018 USATF Junior O ...