Wellness Center reopens after brief closing

POSTED MAY 1 AT 11:34 A.M.

The Wellness Center reopened at 6 a.m. today after a main water line broke Wednesday afternoon.

An e-mail sent out via e-Veritas Wednesday afternoon notified staff and students about the closing.

“The lack of water presents a health and safety hazard to Wellness Center members and guests,” the message said.

The closing only affected people wishing to use the facility for a few hours.

“I think it’s an inconvenience for those students who are looking for a study break,” Jill Farragher, a junior, said Wednesday. “But because it’s reopening tomorrow morning, that’s a really fast turnaround.”

Erika Capek may be contacted at e.capek@umiami.edu.

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...