BASEBALL: Reversal of fortune

POSTED MAY 16 AT 10:38 P.M.

Thursday night was all Miami, as the Canes piled on the North Carolina Tar Heels. Friday night, it was revenge of UNC.

The Tar Heels stormed out to a 9-0 lead, and a Mark Sobolewski grand slam couldn’t put a dent in the scoreline, as Miami fell to North Carolina 10-6.

North Carolina starter Adam Warren (8-1) throttled Miami’s hitting, allowing only the Sobolewski grand slam. After that home run in the sixth, Miami would score single runs in the eighth and ninth innings, as North Carolina managed the game from beginning to end.

Miami starter Eric Erickson (7-1) struggled out of the gate, as North Carolina scored six runs in the first four innings.

These two teams will finish their final regular season series of the year Saturday at 1 p.m. Whoever wins that game will likely be ranked No. 1 going into the ACC championship in Jacksonville, Fla. which begins Wednesday at 11 a.m.

Stay with The Miami Hurricane for more on this game and the conclusion of the series tomorrow.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

Their bats and gloves and baseball skills weren't enough Thursday night. Now, the Miami Hurrica ...

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

More than a decade after former University of Miami football star Sean Taylor was murdered during a ...

Alumna and faculty member shares lessons and learning about racial identity in free parent community ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

Stormy weather in the Gulf of Mexico may have delayed Friday's competition, but wind and rain c ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano were edged by Florida's ...

After rallying to force a split, Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miamis women's tennis team was u ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will wrap up the memorable 2018 season as No. 42 in t ...