BASEBALL: Reversal of fortune

POSTED MAY 16 AT 10:38 P.M.

Thursday night was all Miami, as the Canes piled on the North Carolina Tar Heels. Friday night, it was revenge of UNC.

The Tar Heels stormed out to a 9-0 lead, and a Mark Sobolewski grand slam couldn’t put a dent in the scoreline, as Miami fell to North Carolina 10-6.

North Carolina starter Adam Warren (8-1) throttled Miami’s hitting, allowing only the Sobolewski grand slam. After that home run in the sixth, Miami would score single runs in the eighth and ninth innings, as North Carolina managed the game from beginning to end.

Miami starter Eric Erickson (7-1) struggled out of the gate, as North Carolina scored six runs in the first four innings.

These two teams will finish their final regular season series of the year Saturday at 1 p.m. Whoever wins that game will likely be ranked No. 1 going into the ACC championship in Jacksonville, Fla. which begins Wednesday at 11 a.m.

Stay with The Miami Hurricane for more on this game and the conclusion of the series tomorrow.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Mike Brey doesn't pay much attention to the NBA draft stock of opposing players, but the Notre ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team finished ninth at the 2018 Allstate Sug ...

Three Miami women's tennis players are featured in this week's Oracle/ITA rankings, along ...

Riding a five-game road winning streak, the Miami women's basketball team will look to make it ...

After capturing its opening series with Rutgers, No. 24 Miami continues a season-opening, seven-game ...

Walker IV scored 19, Izundu scored 14 and the Canes picked up a crucial win in South Bend. ...