BASEBALL: Reversal of fortune

POSTED MAY 16 AT 10:38 P.M.

Thursday night was all Miami, as the Canes piled on the North Carolina Tar Heels. Friday night, it was revenge of UNC.

The Tar Heels stormed out to a 9-0 lead, and a Mark Sobolewski grand slam couldn’t put a dent in the scoreline, as Miami fell to North Carolina 10-6.

North Carolina starter Adam Warren (8-1) throttled Miami’s hitting, allowing only the Sobolewski grand slam. After that home run in the sixth, Miami would score single runs in the eighth and ninth innings, as North Carolina managed the game from beginning to end.

Miami starter Eric Erickson (7-1) struggled out of the gate, as North Carolina scored six runs in the first four innings.

These two teams will finish their final regular season series of the year Saturday at 1 p.m. Whoever wins that game will likely be ranked No. 1 going into the ACC championship in Jacksonville, Fla. which begins Wednesday at 11 a.m.

Stay with The Miami Hurricane for more on this game and the conclusion of the series tomorrow.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterile Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...