BASEBALL: Reversal of fortune

POSTED MAY 16 AT 10:38 P.M.

Thursday night was all Miami, as the Canes piled on the North Carolina Tar Heels. Friday night, it was revenge of UNC.

The Tar Heels stormed out to a 9-0 lead, and a Mark Sobolewski grand slam couldn’t put a dent in the scoreline, as Miami fell to North Carolina 10-6.

North Carolina starter Adam Warren (8-1) throttled Miami’s hitting, allowing only the Sobolewski grand slam. After that home run in the sixth, Miami would score single runs in the eighth and ninth innings, as North Carolina managed the game from beginning to end.

Miami starter Eric Erickson (7-1) struggled out of the gate, as North Carolina scored six runs in the first four innings.

These two teams will finish their final regular season series of the year Saturday at 1 p.m. Whoever wins that game will likely be ranked No. 1 going into the ACC championship in Jacksonville, Fla. which begins Wednesday at 11 a.m.

Stay with The Miami Hurricane for more on this game and the conclusion of the series tomorrow.

Matthew Bunch may be contacted at m.bunch@umiami.edu.

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...