SPORTS BRIEFS

Baseball
Hurricane concensus No. 1

The University of Miami baseball team claimed the No. 1 spot in each of the major collegiate baseball polls. The Hurricanes are now ranked No. 1 in the USA Today/ESPN Top 25, Baseball America, National Collegiate Baseball Writers’ Association and College Baseball Newspaper polls. The Hurricanes also held onto the top spot in a number of other polls, including the Rivals.com, PingBaseballPerfect Game Crosschecker and CollegeBaseballHub.com rankings.

Rowing
Hurricanes earn All-ACC honors

University of Miami juniors Laura Cordner and Kelly Amsler were both recently named to the 2008 All-Atlantic Coast Conference Rowing Team. For Cordner, it was her second year in a row that she has earned the honor.

Women’s soccer
Addition to coaching staff

The Miami Hurricanes women’s soccer team recently announced the addition of Greg Sheen to the coaching staff. Sheen will be taking on the role of assistant coach. He comes to the program having spent the last two years as director of coaching for the AU Capital Soccer Club in Austin, Texas. Sheen also served as the head coach of Morehead State for one year and an assistant coach for Texas for one year.

Women’s Tennis
Vallverdu moves up

Sophomore Laura Vallverdu continues to move up in the women’s tennis rankings. The University of Miami All-American is now ranked No. 19 in singles and No. 20 in doubles, with teammate Romy Farah, by the Intercollegiate Tennis Association.

Compiled by Pravin Patel from HurricaneSports.com.

It’s dress rehearsal time for the Miami Hurricanes. On Thursday morning, the Hurricanes will conduct ...

Coach Mark Richt had just told the young man who grew up loving the Miami Hurricanes that he would b ...

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' practice on Wed., Aug. 23, 2017. … Click to Continue » ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...