SPORTS BRIEFS

ROWING
Hurricanes earn fifth at ACC championships

The University of Miami rowing team finished in fifth place at the Atlantic Coast Conference championship on Lake Hartwell in Clemson, S.C. The Hurricanes’ First Varsity Eight crew, First Varsity Four crew and Novice Eight crew all finished in fourth place in their respective events, while the Hurricanes’ Second Varsity Eight crew finished sixth.

WOMEN’S BASKETBALL
Banquet honors team

With the 2007-08 season officially behind them, the University of Miami women’s basketball program celebrated their accomplishments in the past season with a banquet at Monty’s Raw Bar in Coconut Grove.

Maurita Reid was honored as the team’s Most Intense Player, Most Valuable Player and for rebounding. Latoya Cunningham received the Strongest Player and coach’s awards and was honored as team captain and for assists. Academic honors went to Epiphany Woodson, while the Windex award went to Lamese James. Carla James earned honors as the Most Intense Practice Player, and Diane Barnes and Damisha Moore won honors for being the most improved players.

Compiled by Pravin Patel from HurricaneSports.com.

The University of Miami had four student-athletes selected to the watch lists for the Maxwell Award ...

The University of Miami's Symone Mason closed out the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships with a ...