SPORTS BRIEFS

ROWING
Hurricanes earn fifth at ACC championships

The University of Miami rowing team finished in fifth place at the Atlantic Coast Conference championship on Lake Hartwell in Clemson, S.C. The Hurricanes’ First Varsity Eight crew, First Varsity Four crew and Novice Eight crew all finished in fourth place in their respective events, while the Hurricanes’ Second Varsity Eight crew finished sixth.

WOMEN’S BASKETBALL
Banquet honors team

With the 2007-08 season officially behind them, the University of Miami women’s basketball program celebrated their accomplishments in the past season with a banquet at Monty’s Raw Bar in Coconut Grove.

Maurita Reid was honored as the team’s Most Intense Player, Most Valuable Player and for rebounding. Latoya Cunningham received the Strongest Player and coach’s awards and was honored as team captain and for assists. Academic honors went to Epiphany Woodson, while the Windex award went to Lamese James. Carla James earned honors as the Most Intense Practice Player, and Diane Barnes and Damisha Moore won honors for being the most improved players.

Compiled by Pravin Patel from HurricaneSports.com.

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...