SPORTS BRIEFS

BASKEBALL
McClinton to return

The University of Miami men’s basketball team will open the 2008-09 season with guard Jack McClinton running the show. McClinton, an All-ACC First Team selection, announced that he will return to the team for his senior season, forgoing the upcoming National Basketball Association draft.

TRACK AND FIELD
Talley named ACC Perfomer of the Week

After first place performances at the Miami Elite Invitational in the shot put and discus, senior Khadija Talley was selected as the Atlantic Coast Conference’s Performer of the Week. Her throw of 187 feet, four inches in the discus broke the then-standing University of Miami and ACC records.

Men’s Tennis
Hurricanes get set for ACC championships

The University of Miami men’s and women’s tennis programs are set to play in their respective ACC Championships. The No. 11 Hurricanes’ women’s squad is the No. 3 seed and will get a first round bye before facing the winner of No. 6-seeded Florida State and No. 11-seeded Boston College in the second round. The men’s team is a No. 7 seed, and they will take on No. 10-seeded Maryland in the first round. The men will kick things off Thursday, while the women will get things going Friday.

Compiled by Pravin Patel from HurricaneSports.com.

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he didn’t hesitat ...

1. DOLPHINS: Miami seeks revenge vs. hated, Stinkin' Jets: Dolphins host Jets Sunday with Miami ...

Notes and observations on UM’s 27-19 win against Syracuse: • A UM source said Mark Richt seemed more ...

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

The Miami women's tennis team split its eight matches on its second day of competition at the I ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...