The ‘key’ to public safety

On April 3, at approximately 6 p.m., I took a break from studying in the physics library. When I tried to reenter, I found myself locked out and unable to retrieve my study materials. After two hours of unsuccessful attempts by Facilities [Planning], UM Police and a few kind graduate students, Facilities was finally able to locate the correct key and open the door. (Facilities was the initial number I called when I was locked out and they told me they did not have a key.) Although not having my study materials was not an emergency, the university should be able to quickly and efficiently respond to real emergencies in public spaces. I ask the university to review and investigate the key situation so that public safety officials can quickly respond to real emergencies.

– Ellen Oshinsky
Freshman

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...