SPORTS BRIEFS

College Basketball
Miami to host High School All-American game

The BankUnited Center will host the 2009 McDonald’s High School All-American game, bringing talented high school players and television crews to campus.

The game, which began in 1977, brings together the best high school players in the country to participate in an all-star game. Women players began participating in the game in 2002.

Since 1978, only one team has won a national championship without having a McDonald’s High School All-American on their team (Maryland, 2002).

Baseball
DiNatale named Muscle Milk Athlete of the Week

The Hurricanes announced last week that junior outfielder Dave DiNatale was named the Muscle Milk Athlete of the Week for the week of March 31.

During Miami’s five games during that stretch, DiNatale hit .471 with three home runs and 11 RBI’s. In Miami’s 16-7 win over FAU on April 1, he went 4-for-5 with a home run, two doubles and two runs scored. He set personal bests in hits (4) and RBI (5).

Compiled by Matthew Bunch from HurricaneSports.com.

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...