SPORTS BRIEFS

College Basketball
Miami to host High School All-American game

The BankUnited Center will host the 2009 McDonald’s High School All-American game, bringing talented high school players and television crews to campus.

The game, which began in 1977, brings together the best high school players in the country to participate in an all-star game. Women players began participating in the game in 2002.

Since 1978, only one team has won a national championship without having a McDonald’s High School All-American on their team (Maryland, 2002).

Baseball
DiNatale named Muscle Milk Athlete of the Week

The Hurricanes announced last week that junior outfielder Dave DiNatale was named the Muscle Milk Athlete of the Week for the week of March 31.

During Miami’s five games during that stretch, DiNatale hit .471 with three home runs and 11 RBI’s. In Miami’s 16-7 win over FAU on April 1, he went 4-for-5 with a home run, two doubles and two runs scored. He set personal bests in hits (4) and RBI (5).

Compiled by Matthew Bunch from HurricaneSports.com.

University of Miami football coach Mark Richt made it clearer than ever on Wednesday: Come the Sept. ...

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...

The Canes are well represented across the nation this summer with players competing in each of the t ...

The University of Miami had four student-athletes selected to the watch lists for the Maxwell Award ...

The University of Miami's Symone Mason closed out the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships with a ...