Don’t keep giving out free milk

Dear Hurriqueen,

I’ve been talking to this guy online for about two weeks and we ended up getting hot and heavy over the phone. I’m not really into phone sex, but it was really hot. Now he isn’t returning my calls or texts and I feel used. We had good conversations and I truly enjoyed flirting and getting to know one another before. I don’t want to be needy so I stopped calling and I haven’t heard from him. Did he get what he wanted and scram? What do I do?

~ Trying Not to be Desperate

Dear Trying Not to be Desperate,

My grandma might argue there’s nothing more foolish than having sex with a man on the first date, but I think your question brings the foolishness to a whole new level. There’s a good ol’ cliché of a question that highlights my point: Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

If you’re not catching my drift, let me spell it out for you: Telephone poon tang boy is looking for some milk. And you’re the hot mess of a cow, squirting that stuff out from one cell phone to the next. To the dude on the receiving end, he’s getting exactly what he wanted without having to lift a finger – well, almost.

He probably didn’t call you back because he had no incentive to do so. And though he may have gotten thirsty in the days following your conversation, he likely felt too embarrassed to attempt something normal with someone he got off with on a telephone. Or maybe all of your phone calls and texts scared him. But what if he has a girlfriend? He could have lost his cell phone, too.

We could continue speculating, but at some point you’ve got to throw the dirty tissue in the garbage, move on, and search MySpace for a new phone buddy. right?

Wrong! You must realize that not only should you stop obsessing over this call-and-run fella, but that you need to ask yourself why you had phone sex with a stranger in the first place.

If phone sex is your usual way of getting sexual attention from men, it would appear as though you should take some time for evaluation. Ask yourself, is this the type of interaction I want with men? Do I deserve more than moaning into a telephone?

Really sweetie, I hope the answer is yes, in which case here’s my advice: stop settling. Get off the Internet, put the phone down, and open yourself up to the idea of meeting a person in the flesh.

Keep me updated.

XOXO,
The Hurriqueen.

Send responses and questions to hurriqueen@gmail.com.

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...